making amends [part three]

coming to an end:

When I first started this story, it was summer time. I had recently opened up to a new music taste, and I became very interested in the punk subculture. I had to do a project for my RIT class on something that mattered to me, and I had to come up with a thesis statement and supporting details, and so I chose punk music and the subculture for mine, which is basically why Ashton's story started like that.

It wasn't going to be Lashton, but I'd been reading one at the time and I was very much loving bandana Ashton and so I just went for it full force, because I do what I want.

I'm fully aware that this was not a very good story. The plot was reckless, the characters weren't thought out, the writing was pretty terrible and awkward. However, it's the first story I've ever finished, which is a great accomplishment for an aspiring author like myself. It holds a very special place in my heart for that reason there.

And now that it's over, I'd like to just thank every single fucking person who read this.

I know I didn't get an impeccable amount of reads or anything, but I've nearly hit 100k, and it absolutely blows my mind that so many people enjoyed a story that I created all on my own. Blows. My. Mind.

So whether you voted or commented or just read it, even just a page before you moved on, thank you. I don't need the world to enjoy it, I just need someone to.

I've made so many friends because of this story that I love with all my fucking heart. I'm so glad that people reached out to me, because I don't know where I'd be without you guys.

When I first started this story, I was in a really bad place. At the time, I'd been burning and cutting myself almost every single day, I'd been smoking nearly a pack of cigarettes every day, I was drinking way more than any kid my age should've, I contemplated committing too many times to count. I was an absolute wreck. I was so fucked up.

And this story gave me something to hold onto, and I made friends who had my back through everything and talked me down from a lot of stupid shit, and since I completed it, I've finallyfinallyfinally realized that I am fucking capable. I'm so much more confident in my abilities now. I can't even explain how grateful I am for all of you.

So thank you.

So fucking much.

Thank you for giving me confidence in my writing. Thank you for helping me grow. Thank you for giving me a purpose. Thank you for being there for me when I needed it. Thank you for making me smile through all the rough shit I was going through. Thank you for saving me.

This is such an intense thing to end a fan fiction with, but I mean every word. I don't know where I'd be without the people I've met through this. Thank you.

Thank. You.

I love you all so much more than you fucking understand.

 The end.

(But is it ever really the end?)