t w e n t y - f i v e

WOW SO BASICALLY THIS IS SHIT AND MAKES LIKE ZERO SENSE AND IS ALSO PRETTY VIOLENT AND A BIT VULGAR AND OH WELL. 

I decided that I was no longer going to take shit from Nate simply because Ashton's absence had apparently caused my backbone to fall limp.

I decided that I would not allow myself to let Ashton go, and I would not leave.

I decided that I wouldn't blink an eye until I found out what was wrong with Ashton, and where he'd gone.

In a lifetime, there is a lot of shit. I would say that at least my, if not everyone's, life, is 80% crap. But so many people focus on the 80% crap, that they completely miss the fact that there is still a solid 20% good. And yeah, perhaps the two percentages don't quite end fairly. But so what? If you spend all your time focused on the 80% crap, you will miss every opportunity that comes along with the 20% good.

And Ashton... Ashton is part of that 20% good.

Sure, the good in it comes wrapped in a bomb. And it's quite the task to realize the good, let alone get to the good. But the world is unpredictable. So if you live your whole life constantly judging by the cover, you'll never really get to the good.

So I refused to give up on Ashton. He was part of the good. And I knew that. I don't care what anyone said. I knew that was true. And I was willing to dig for it.

So I approached his dorm one last time, knocking obnoxiously on the door ready for Nate to snap at me. But he didn't know what he had coming, because this time, my whole being was made of guns and I didn't have the safety on.

"Are you serious? You're really gonna come back here fucking looking for Ashton again? I told you, Luke, he's not here. You need to back off and go home." He snapped, attempting to close the door in my face for the umpteenth time in the past few days.

I laughed dryly. "I hate to break it to you, Nathaniel, but I'm not going anywhere until you tell me where the fuck Ashton is."

"Oh, baby's finally grown a pair, huh? Didn't see that one coming." He laughed snarkily, leaning against the door frame.

"I have suffered enough in my lifetime to know a few things, Nate. One, just because you have a few years on me, does not mean you are in any way more important or significant than I am. Two, you can call me every name in the book, but it's up to me whether or not I'm going to let your petty words crawl under my skin. And three, I do not, for any reason, have to stand for losing the most important thing in my life. Especially not because of you." I said through grit teeth.

"Lucas, I am not trying to deprive you of anything. Especially not Ashton. I'm simply trying to tell you that when the time comes around where Ashton comes back, you're going to be at the back of his mind. And you ought to get used to it, because you were never more than a hole to him. Everyone knows that." He said with an unpalatable, shit-eating grin plastered on his face.

"Bullshit!" I yelled, shoving him backwards into the room, because there was so much rage pent up inside of me that I thought my ribs were going to snap and my chest was going to explode.

"You don't know jack, about me and Ashton, alright, Nate? Absolutely fucking nothing. So shut the fuck up, before I do it myself." I hissed, throwing my hands against his shoulders once more.

"I don't know jack about you two? Really? So I guess I don't know how much Ashton loathed you the first few months he knew you? Or how when I confronted him about you two, he told me that you meant nothing to him, and that you were nothing but another hole to him? Or how the only reason anything happened between you two was because he practically tried to kill you and got horny? But no, you're right, Luke, I don't know jack about you and Ashton. You're right." He spat, and God, I wanted to throw a hammer into the glass wall that was his ego, because how dare he. How fucking dare he.