f o u r t e e n

Alright, here we go. This chapter isn't very eventful per se, but I do think it's kind of important as far as character development and whatnot goes.

Also, I want to dedicate this chapter to ashashtons for being my bebe and just being rad af and making me want to update and giving me ideas about my story and shit you cute lil fucker ily c;

{Unedited}

Six weeks, two days, seven hours, give or take a few minutes.

That's how long it's been since Luke began this deafening silence treatment and practically dropped off the face of the earth.

I've learned through Nate that Luke and Vinny patched things up. Apparently after Luke went to Vinny straight after the hospital, crying and begging for his forgiveness or some shit.

The hospital. Where he went because of Vinny.

But I don't care. I never cared.

I decided that today. I didn't want anything more than what I was getting from Luke. Why would I? He's everything I hate in a person. Not to mention he's got shitty taste in guys, I mean, dates Vinny and fucks me? God, the kid's a trainwreck.

And I want nothing to do with him.

I've been great. Going to my classes and get a decent amount of sleep and in the six weeks it's been I haven't even hit twenty quarts of alcohol yet. Plus, I've only smoked eight packs of cigarettes, smoked an ounce of weed, and I've only had about two mental breakdowns.

So I don't know what your definition of great is, but this is me doing a-okay.

I could be doing worse.

But right now, I was smoking a cigarette and walking across campus to get to my history class, which I shared with Luke, which I wasn't too thrilled about. Why can't he like, change classes? Cut me out completely? I don't want to see him as much as he doesn't want to see me.

I stomped out my cigarette before I waltzed into the room in the most somber manner my body could seem to manage. I was only a minute or so late, though all eyes still seemed to turn to me.

Except for Luke's.

Not that I would know. I haven't allowed myself to look at him at all during the past six weeks.

I walked up the steps and took a seat in the most barren area so I didn't have to be with anyone.

That's kind of how I've spent the last few weeks; alone. Aside from Nate and maybe a few random hookups, I hadn't really been around anyone.

As much as I hate to admit it, I almost missed the feeling of Luke's eyes burning a hole in the back of my head. I almost missed the feeling of him watching me from across the room with those stupid puppy dog eyes, always acting all sad because I was sad. I almost missed the feeling of his desperate attempts to crack me open.

I shook my head as if to rid my mind of the nonsense, and turned my attention back to my professor.

I tapped my pen repeatedly on the cover of my book, anxiously. I had a knot in my stomach and a lump in my throat and my mind was all jumbled and I felt like something was literally trying to claw its way through the inside of my skull, and I just wanted to leave.

The tapping of my pen was getting a lot rougher, and I felt my cheeks flash pink for not even a fraction of a second as it flew out of my hand onto the ground. Not that anyone noticed.

I turned around slowly and quietly, bending over to retrieve my pen, when I did the one thing I'd avoided doing for six weeks.

I looked at Luke.

He had a dark purple and brown blotch around his eye, along with a busted lip and scratch mark across his cheek. Not to mention the not-very-noticeable-but-noticed-by-me way his nose was slightly crooked from recently having been broken.

In other words, he looked like hell. The resemblance was uncanny.

He had his arms crossed loosely over his chest and he was slumped back in his seat, his feet propped against the back of another to bring his knees to his chest. He had bags under his eyes and his hair was a mess, and his wonted smile was instead etched into a frown that seem to drag down all his facial features.

And he wouldn't even look at me.

I felt like I was choking. Like I was drowning in a place I shouldn't have been drowning. I felt the clawing in my mind intensifying and I felt a lump force its was into my throat.

I stood up quickly and threw my backpack over my shoulder, forcing my pen into my pocket and rushing down the steps at a million miles an hour.

"Uh, Professor? I uh, I forgot I had to um, I had to be somewhere. Sorry." I spit out, my voice cracking a total of three times in that word vomit of a sentence.

I didn't wait for his reply, nor did I turn around once because I didn't want to see the judgmental and criticizing stares of everyone, or in Luke's case, the lack thereof.

I bit down on my bottom lip so hard I thought I might draw blood as I scurried across campus and towards my car. I ripped the door open and threw the bag in the passenger's seat, before practically throwing myself in as well.

I sat in silence for a moment, staring down at my hands and I just felt frozen.

Until my emotions snapped like a slingshot and I slammed my hands down on the steering wheel, proceeding to yell 'fuck' as loud as I could.

I slammed my hands off the wheel a few more times before crossing my arms over the top of the wheel and allowing my head to collapse into it, suddenly finding myself unable to do anything other than cry.

I'd gotten over crying about my problems years ago. It'd turned into just a blind rage where I essentially just began destroying everything in my path like I was a damn tornado. But not now.

Now I was sobbing brokenly into my arms over something that was nothing compared to some of the shit I'd been through.

I'd never cried like this before. Not about anything.

HELLO.

I'm v sad tonight so I produced a sad chapter. I don't know how I feel about it.

This chapter sucked I know but forgive me please, because the next chapter is going to be hella important and wOW I have most of it written already and it's my favorite chapter so.

Rock on, you great lil fuckers.