s e v e n

So let me just start by saying, it's not my fault.

Personally, I blame Hemmings. He sort of initiated this situation by telling me I couldn't stick around that first time we fucked, because he wasn't 'that kind of guy' and because he has a boyfriend.

Which honestly, I didn't expect in the slightest because he seems like the kind of guy who likes to cuddle after sex or some shit, maybe cook breakfast the next morning and introduce him to his little fucking cat or some other clingy kind of crap. I don't know, he just seems so acquisitive.

But nope, he wanted me dressed and gone a few minutes afterwards.

Which was hot. I liked it. A lot.

Anyways, the reason I wanted it to be clear that whatever this was wasn't my fault, was because I've fucked Luke a few more times after the first.

Nothing really changed between us aside from the fact that we bang a little on the side. And I know, I know, 'Ashton, how could you! He has a boyfriend!' I know that, I just don't care. Luke's the one who'll get it when and if his boyfriend finds out, 'cause he damn well better know he ain't gonna come after me.

I mean, he can try, but let's see where that ends up, yeah?

But anyways, the reason I even brought this up in the first place was because I may or may not be laying naked and sweaty on the bed in Hemmings' dorm.

I was still sort of bringing myself down from my high, but Hemmings came sooner than I did so despite the little waddle he was walking with and the bit of dicernable cum in his ass and at the corner of his mouth that he was now wiping away with a towel, he was fine.

"So if you don't mind me asking, why'd you come back? You seem like the fuck-and-run kind of person." He said, shattering the silence like glass.

"Because, I thought you'd be, I don't know, more acquisitive about it. Like you'd want me to stay and cuddle or some shit afterwards. But you didn't. Which was hot, and rare. So I decided I liked fucking you." I rasped, propping my head up on my hands.

He just giggled.

"The fuck are you giggling about?" I pondered, the corner of my lip curling against my will.

"Sesquipedalian." He nearly whispered, his eyes glued to the ground and his mouth meandered into a toothy grin.

"English, if you don't mind."

"Sesquipedalian. It's someone who enjoys using big words." He laughed once more, finally tearing his view from the ground and meeting my eyes.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means you like to use big words in your sentences. Even if you don't know what they mean, which sometimes you don't, honestly. I mean, 'acquisitive' worked fine in that sentence and everything, but sometimes your eyebrows kind of knit together for a split second and then you spew out some big, ridiculous word that no one actually uses in normal conversation. And sometimes, you're just, just wrong." He said, his lips curled into a smile so big it probably hurt his the apples of his cheeks as much as it hurt his eyes.

"I don't- You don't- I use, I know, I know- How did, how- I- How did you pick up on that?" I sputtered, my cheeks flaming read at the fact that I actually just tripped over my own words like a moron.

"I don't know. Sometimes, when you're not being a total douche, I like to listen to you talk. You know, when you talk about things that actually matter, like modern-day oppression and things that are important to you. They make your eyes sparkle like, like whiskey in sunlight. It just, it feels warm. I like it." And now his own cheeks were flushed the color of apples.

"'Like whiskey in sunlight'? Really? That was so cheesy I think I might vomit." I teased, hoping he didn't know that English was one of my interdisciplinary majors.

"Hey! I'm an English major. Lay off." He laughed. Again.

"Anyways, I know what they mean. Why would I use them if I didn't know what they meant?"

"I don't know Ash, but you do."

"Oh yeah? Name one time I've done that."

"I don't know, man." He started, sliding on his jeans, but I was still sitting naked in his bed. "Like one time I was next to you in class when you were talking to Nate about your family or whatever, when I heard you use the word 'perspicacious' to describe them--" I opened my mouth to argue, but Hemmings brought his finger up to stop me from interrupting. "Except I think you meant to use the word 'perfidious', because of the sentence structure and the fact that 'perspicacious' really just didn't work in your favor."

I tried to say something to argue, but for once in my life, my mind was blank and my mouth was dry. To say the least, I was a bit flustered and I hated every second of it - from the fact that it was no way of hiding it to the fact that it was because of Luke Hemmings.

He chuckled, ducking his head. "It's fine, really. They sound similar, I suppose. A lot of people could've messed it up."

"Not me." I snapped. "I don't mess simple things like that up." And suddenly, the smile from my face was gone and my cheeks were back to the same pale moon color as before and I was pulling my clothes on.

"Dude, Ashton, it's fine. I'm an English major and I fuck that stuff up all the time. Don't worry about it." He comforted, his smile faltering. He moved slowly towards me with a hand out, as if I were a wild animal that might attack at any given moment.

"No, it's not. I don't fuck up simple things like words. I'm not a moron. It's not that hard." I said, choking on my words while my heart buried itself in my stomach.

"Come on, Ash. Stop. It's, it's cute. Really. It's not a big deal. It's just words." He sympathized, offering me a small smile and resting a hand on my shoulder.

I flinched away from his hand and I could feel the spring sun draining from my cheeks and being replaced by winter clouds.

"It's not just words. Words make up everything that is anything in the world; everything. It's not that hard. School isn't that hard. I don't mess up. I'm not dumb, Luke." I said, my voice shaking like a rollercoaster ride in a hurricane.

And suddenly I just felt so vulnerable. My voice cracked slightly at the words that escaped my chapped, trembling lips. I felt completely defenseless and like the stone walls around me were crumbling down by the feather-light touch of an unknowing boy.

And god, I forgot what a horrible feeling that was.

And Hemmings could tell; he could see me and the vulnerability I was drowning in. He could see me.

So I had finished pulling on my clothes and shoes and stuffed my smokes and lighter and phone back in my pocket with my keys, and I was rushing t0 the door, and Hemmings had had a very concerned look on his face and he was grasping at my shoulders but I was wincing and jerking and flinching away from each light touch and I was rushing out the door, and I ducked my head into my worn jean jacket to hide my face.

Hemmings had stopped chasing me and was instead standing outside of his dorm looking like he might run towards me at any second though he never did and I knew he wouldn't and I didn't want him to.

And so I just pulled myself around the corner, making sure Hemmings didn't get the chance to see the red that flushed my eyes and the saltwater the stung the edges of my eyes.

[a/n aHHHH IM SORRY i hope you liked this cause i thought it was okay idk i wrote it real quick iLYSM BYE]