f o u r

I was thinking about what I did to Hemmings the other day.

And no, it's not what you're thinking. I didn't feel bad or regret it or anything. I was only thinking about it because I had just gotten off the phone with Ray, who was screaming at me once more saying how lucky I was that he didn't press charges.

I mean, I guess I should be thankful because being a college kid, I'm not exactly rich. Meaning that if he pressed charges, not only would I likely be expelled, but I'd be forced to work out some kind of payment plan or some shit, which doesn't exactly sound fun to me. Granted I accept the payment plan, though. If I argue or deny the payment plan (which is likely), I'd be put in jail.

Not that you should be surprised or anything, but I definitely have... Experience, when it comes to jail and shit like it.

I had this girlfriend when I was like sixteen, who, in the least cheesy way possible, I was fucking crazy about. Summer. God, I loved her. Only person I'd ever been in love with. And anyways, she had this ex boyfriend named Andy who refused to leave her alone because she broke up with him and he still liked her.

And whenever I was around, he'd leave her around. Wouldn't even look at her, he was so scared of me. Not that he shouldn't be, because I'd threatened him multiple times about him fucking around with her.

And there was this party she wanted to go to but I didn't really want to go because let's be honest, they're just not my thing. So she told me she'd go alone and that she'd be fine and she wasn't being passive or anything - She wasn't like that. She always said it like it was.

But Andy ended up being there. She said she was going to try and text me to come pick her up after I'd dropped her off as soon as she saw him, because he scared the crap out of her, but her phone was dead. That night, he raped her in the bathroom of that house. She was never the same.

So the minute she told me, which wasn't until a few days later because she was "ashamed". Which she shouldn't have been. But anyways, the second I found out I was up off my feet and in my car, driving well over the speed limit to get to the corner shop he worked at.

I pulled right up against the sidewalk and jumped out, grabbed the baseball bat I kept tucked down next to my seat, and stormed in there angrier than I'd ever been. He was standing behind the counter and his eyes grew two sizes bigger when he saw me, before he took off out the back door.

I chased him down and tackled him in the alleyway, making sure I smashed his head up real nice on the concrete. I beat him with that bat in the ribs, skull, every inch of his body before someone called the cops and reported me for assault.

You know what the sick part is? I spent time in juvy for assault and fucking nothing happened to him for raping Summer because "there was no evidence".

She fucking killed herself a month later.

So you know, not only does that answer why I have experience when it comes to jail, but it also explains my inability to maintain a healthy relationship. Only one night stands for this guy.

With the acception of Nate, I mean.

I've been to jail a few times for little things like vandalism and theft, with a little bit of less intense assault, but this was the biggest thing.

I was walking across campus to my humanities class when I spotted Hemmings out of the corner of my eye, shooting me a dirty look. He had to get his arm stitched up and it was wrapped in bandages. I smirked slightly and chuckled to myself. I don't regret it at all.

I knew I was going to end up being late, but I stopped for a smoke anyways. Today was a pretty stressful fuckin' day, I really needed this. I flipped my zippo open and lit my cigarette, before shoving it back in my pocket before lifting the cigarette to my mouth. I took a drag and blew the smoke out slowly while I sighed deeply. After a minute or so I dropped it on the ground it rub it into the dirt with my boot.