t w e n t y - t w o

THIS CHAPTER IS A PILE OF SHIT. JUST WARNING YOU.

Also, I just wanted to take a minute and say that I know it's cheesy and all, but things have been really really shitty lately, but you guys keep me going. Like, I know there isn't exactly a fuck ton of you guys, but I don't care how many people read this story or anything, because you're all so fucking sweet and I cherish that. I really do. I love when you guys talk to me and comment and read and vote and just exist and just, wow, you guys are my absolute favorite people in the world and I love you all so so so much.

Okay bye :-)

{Unedited}

"Have you ever been on a date in your life?" Luke asked, grinning from the passenger side, where he was slumped down in the seat with his feet on the dash.

At this point, I was just hoping it wasn't visible how much I was sweating and how hard my nipples were. Damn you, nerves. That's such a weird thing to do to me.

"I- No. Not really." I stuttered.

I never really went on dates with Summer. I mean, unless you count smoking pot in the park a date. And that wasn't exactly what I was looking to do with Luke. Today, at least.

He just laughed. "Dork."

"I am not! Lots of people haven't been on dates before." I mumbled in response.

"Do you actually know what to do? Or do you need my guidance?"

"Piss off, dude. I know what I'm doing." I spat playfully, hoping Luke hadn't noticed that we'd passed this street sign three times now.

It's not my fault. I'm not a date kind of guy. I almost kind of wish I didn't ask Luke on this date, 'cause I'd rather just chill with him in his dorm or something.

I don't do dates.

"Luke?" I asked, skeptically.

"Ashton?"

"Help me."

And so after driving around for 35 minutes, Luke eventually directed me to a Chinese restaurant. And I decided this was probably better, to have Luke talk me through this whole thing, 'cause at least then it'd actually be what he wanted.

So as we walked inside, Luke was still picking and prodding at me because I'd never been on a date and my core temperature was starting to feel like a million degrees.

People were glancing at us from their seats around the room and I didn't really like it, too much, to be honest. And some people kind of looked at Luke like he was a piece of meat, like this one guy in the corner of the room or this twenty-something year old woman at the table near where we were standing. So I couldn't help myself when I drifted closer to him and tangled my fingers in his, shooting looks at people who refused to point their noses elsewhere.

I admit I felt a bit timid, but that was kind of a feeling I'd learned to live with by now. Because ever since, since Luke happened, it was a regular occurrence. So I'm sure he could feel my hands shaking and everything, but he didn't say anything. Which was nice.

So I listened as Luke ordered our food and talked to the man behind the counter like he'd known him for years, and I really admired that about him. He kind of has that effect on everyone.

Well, okay, maybe I sort of hated him a lot when he first talked to me. But even if he didn't have that effect on me when I first met him, he still has that effect on me every day.

Yeah, I just said that. Sue me.

So we took our food after I convinced him that we shouldn't stay here, and we walked back out to my car. Though I definitely didn't tell him why we shouldn't have stayed. He didn't need to know I was feeling, you know, that way.