s i x t e e n

oKAY so basically I was going to write a kind of mean chapter that you guys probably wouldn't appreciate very much but I skipped school and made these really awesome nutella cupcakes and so I was feeling v bubbly and happy, thus this chapter was born. so I decided to put the mean chapter off till next time or the time after that or something. soz. kind of.

oh also I thought I'd clarify just for the hell of it that I really can write with proper grammar and spelling and everything but there's a lot of run on sentences in this book and it's not because I don't know how to use commas or anything but because most of Ashton's thought process and Luke's and everything is just kind of really ramble-y and jumbled together on purpose. I don't know if anyone realized that or anything but I just I swear I'm not dumb okay.

{unedited (obviously}

Tomorrow was the day.

The day I spent my childhood dreading and envying those who didn't have to dread it.

Christmas.

The only Christmas presents that existed in my house as a kid were the bonus checks my parents would somehow receive, and blow on drugs and booze. The only Christmas tree I ever actually saw as a kid was in Brian's house when we were like, twelve years old.

So yeah, you could say Christmas wasn't exactly 'my thing'.

So right now it was around 7:00 at night, and it was dark outside aside from the street lamps and fairy lights that lit bits of the dark.

The dorms were noticeably quieter, because most people had left either today or yesterday to catch their flights or whatever back home. Somewhere on the second floor there was an anti-Christmas party going on, but it was nothing I wanted to be a part of. I'd rather just think of Christmas as little as possible.

Nate had left very last minute to go back home with Caitlyn. I tried to get him to leave yesterday, but he just does this thing where he worries about me too much and doesn't quite understand that I'm a twenty-one year old man who is fully capable of taking care of himself. You seriously have no idea how much Nate has tried to get me to come home with him for Christmas in the three years I've known him.

I liked spending Christmas with my three best friends: booze, pot, and loneliness.

It suits me.

I was drinking some Jack Daniel's straight from the bottle and was rolling up a joint, when my phone started eliciting Hybrid Moments by The Misfits and I just groaned.

I picked it up off my nightstand and checked the I.D., only groaning in annoyance once more.

"What do you want?" I mumbled into the speaker, wanting nothing more than to be able to spend today and tomorrow without any further interruptions.

"Remember the other day when you asked me for that favor?" Luke's voice rang throughout the speaker, and he sounded a bit less troubled than he had the past few weeks. It kind of sounded like the same happy-go-lucky prick that picked a fight with me in English a few months back.

And it just kind of coated my mind in a soft velvet feeling, and everything just felt okay.

"Yeah. Don't talk about it."

"Well," He began, releasing a breath. "I need you to do me a favor now, in return."

I sighed dramatically, because I just wanted to drink myself to shit so I could pass out and sleep through the day tomorrow. Not help Luke with anything at all.

"Depends. What's this favor?" I shot back.

"I kind of have something really heavy that I have to get up to the third floor, but I can't quite get it on my own. I need you and your muscles to come help me." He joked before releasing this soft laugh that was somehow equivalent to that of a toddler's, and it just kind of forced my lips to curl up slightly.