t h i r t y - t w o

This is a rollercoaster start to finish. Also it kind of sucks.

{Unedited}

Ashton

What exactly is the point of going out to a bar to drink yourself blind in order to forget someone, when that someone that you are trying to drink into nonexistence shows up at the same exact bar as you?

Just a small question of mind that could use answers. Preferably soon.

I mean, why this bar, of all bars? It's not even Brian's bar. Hell, I haven't been to Brian's bar since the other night when he decided to be a dick and cut me off like that. Instead, I went to a bar on the east side of town, that'd I'd never even been to before.

And he just so happens to decide to come here too.

Like, damn buddy. Get your own goddamn bar. I already called mental dibs on this one.

And so he was sitting on a stool at one of those ridiculously high tables on the other side, while I sat straight at the bar with a beer between the shots I'd been taking.

In fairness, I suppose this bar was more up Luke's alley than mine. It was a bit more lively than Brian's, due to the obnoxiously loud music and abundance of people.

I was only hoping the volume would reach a height that would inevitably burst my eardrums so I wouldn't have to listen any longer.

Not to mention, there was a guy across the bar who had approached Luke not five minutes ago, that had him smiling and giggling and blushing all over the place.

He wasn't anything like Vinny, at least. He was wearing a Basement t-shirt which, I didn't plan on complaining about, along with slightly torn darkwash jeans that somehow had to be rolled up around the ankles despite his impecable height, and a pair of black and white converse. Tattoos stuck out from all over; on his arms, neck, even his hands. And, of course, who could miss that that messy mop of purple hair?

Regardless of whether or not he resembled Luke's shithead of an ex-boyfriend, I didn't like him. At all.

And sure, I could sit here for a few minutes and compile a decent sized list of possible reasons why I so strongly dislike, but we all know the real reason.

I felt nauseous.

And I felt angry. Like someone had cut me open and lit my insides on fire. It just burned.

I hated it.

And so in my somewhat tipsy state, I stumbled off of the stool and worked my way through the ocean of people, over to where Luke and his grape were seated.

Luke's eyes went a little buggy and his mouth dropped open slightly, but I simply ignored him with a smug smile as I pulled another stool over to their table and sat down.

"I-- Ashton what the fuck are you doing?" Luke hissed, leaning closer to me and hushing his voice several decibels.

"I was just sitting over there," I said, motioning to the other side of the room, "when I realized you never introduced me to your friend here."

I smiled smugly at the purple-haired boy and though he tried to return something of a smile, he instead looked a bit uncomfortable and confused.

Luke scoffed. "Sucks. Now piss off. You've got no right to be here."

But I ignored his words before sticking my hand out to him, and he slowly but surely warmed up to me and took my hand. "I'm Ashton, if you didn't hear. Hopin' you haven't heard of me, 'cause there ain't much good."