Character Answers

Ashton:

Can you and Luke please fuck soon?

Well, due to the fact that we're not currently on speaking terms or anything, I'm gonna go ahead and say no. Sorry.

When did you start believing that your life was shit and stop caring?

It wasn't anything I decided, really. I guess shortly after my mom ran off and my dad started abusing me, I kind of just realized that, yeah, this isn't really a golden kind of life. And it's not so much my life as it is life as a whole. But I guess not everyone sees it that way.

Why didn't you ever try to be happy?

I have tried. Lots of times. But every time I try too hard, everything falls apart. So I guess I have to make my sacrifices so that everyone else can be happy. What's one miserable person if it means there's a whole handful of happy people, right?

What do you feel when you look into Luke's eyes?

You know, I debated for a moment whether or not I was going to tell you to piss off or answer this question honestly. Lucky for you, I chose the latter. It's like a sudden wave rushes over me and I suddenly feel as though everything might be okay. And the wind gets totally knocked out of me and I feel like I'm being punched in the gut, but in, like, the best way. And it feels like the best book you've ever read, a cup of coffee on a bad morning, a blanket in the winter, a long car ride on a rainy night. It makes you think, why would I ever need to get drunk when I could just look into his eyes? Because quite frankly, I think it's almost better. So, yeah. There's that.

Why do you keep denying everything that everyone tells you? What's so daunting about trusting Luke?

Have you ever owned a dog? Odd question, I know, but bear with me. And if so, have you ever been cuddled with that dog on the couch, petting it and for some reason, you just trust this wild animal that you can't even communicate with, to be practically on you and not do anything? And then bam, no reason, it just nips at your hand. Gives it a nice bite. Maybe draws a little blood. And you cannot, for the life of you, understand why it bit you? Because really, you were just petting it. You were being nice to it. So why did it bite you? It was being sweet to you and vice versa, and then it just bit you with no inclanation at all. Well, there's the answer to your question. I can be sweet to Luke and he can be sweet to me but you never know, you just never know when he's going to bite your hand, let alone for what reason. And if you never pet the dog, you never get bitten. Simple as that.

Would you ever let Luke top?

Probably not. He may have broad shoulders and a slight height advantage, but he has practically no hair on his body and very soft skin. He was a born bottom. Sorry to say.

Do you think you have a drinking problem?

I don't think I have a drinking problem. I just find it to be a great nepenthe for responsibilities. I don't think I need it to survive or anything, I just find it easier to get hammered than to face the real world.

When did you realise you might not actually totally despise Luke?

I recall, I don't know, a few months ago? I was supposed to give him a ride home but he didn't want me to, and I didn't really, either, but Ray told me to. And we got in a bit of an argument about it which resulted in him keying my car, proceeded by a fair amount of mooning and middle fingers. And I know that's kind of a weird moment to choose, but it felt like the first time that someone stuck up for themselves against me. And I think that was when I first thought, yeah, maybe this guy isn't so bad. But I think, I think when he had to tear me off of his boyfriend and had somehow, somehow managed to cool me down, was when I first realized that this was different. Very different.