n i n e t e e n

11K READS WTF WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN? LIKE HOLY FUCK I KNOW IM NO ANNA TODD BUT FUCK GUYS THATS A LOT AND OVER A THOUSAND COMMENTS AND ALMOST A THOUSAND VOTES AND JUST, WOW I LOVE YOU GUYS A LOT.

{Unedited, really, I swear I know proper grammar and spelling you guys I just type at a million miles an hour.}

Luke (BOOM BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW IT'D BE SO SOON OR MAYBE YOU DID IDK YOU GUYS ARE PROBABLY A LOT SMARTER THAN ME REALLY I'M PRETTY DUMB I'M FAILING EARTH SCIENCE RN IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING OKAY BYE)

Ashton spent the following days after our, er, agreement, hanging out with that small, crazy girl with the blue hair, whose name I learned to be Emma. I hadn't seem him too many times after that day, and when I did, he was with Emma.

And it was generally along the lines of me sitting there while Ashton and Emma talked in depth about Ashton's music, and all kinds of other things the two of them had in common.

And it didn't feel that great, if I'm being honest, because there they were talking about this shit while I was the same kid who criticized Ashton for these same views and gave him shit for his music on multiple occassions.

She was constantly wearing Ashton's clothes, and I mean, I realize that she didn't really have a choice because she didn't have any other clothes with her, but it made my stomach stir in a very awful way.

Because I could still remember the way Ashton looked in my flannel and my Uggs, and God, I'd much rather see that than some random skank wearing all of Ashton's clothes in the skimpiest lingerie I'd ever seen.

Okay, okay. Maybe that wasn't fair for me to say. Because Emma was amazing. That was just my problem.

I mean, really. She's gorgeous, she's funny, she's a little bit crazy but not like, bad crazy, like the perfect amount of crazy you need in your life, and she's got a great taste in music like Ashton's, and she was noticably shorter than Ashton but not too short, just the right kind of short, and it wasn't fair.

Because I'm not gorgeous, and I've got a lame sense of humor and never know when to take a joke, and I'm the wrong amount of crazy, clearly, because what sane person would be with someone who abused them all because they were so damn crazy in "love" that they were convinced they were actually loved as well? And I don't listen to the same cool, kind of scary music that Ashton listens to, and I get really uptight sometimes, and I'm supposed to be the submissive one but I'm awkwardly taller than him, and I was all lanky and weird and so I absolutely loathed Emma just for being my polar opposite.

And so Ashton has been so wrapped up in Emma, that he barely even looks at me anymore.

I mean, it wasn't too long ago when he said all those things to me before Christmas, but who knows if that was even real. Because honestly, and I would know, Ashton gets a bit, a bit flaky, if you will, when he's drunk. And well, he's Ashton, so he may as well have been drunk when he said all that shit. It's not like he remembers, anyways.

And I knew he talked to Brian, that bartender, about me.

I didn't quite hear what he said, but I heard my name, and I heard the term "blondie" thrown around a few times. But I wasn't quite that much of a freak, I know when to fall back. I practically fall back for a living. So I didn't listen in on anything.

And God, it wasn't even that important because why would I care what Ashton has to say about me? He's just Ashton.

He's just some semi-ordinary guy that I hang out with time to time and fuck a little on the side. I don't care what he thinks of me. It's probably around what I think of him. He's not like, important to me or anything.