A Somewhat Romantic Valentines Day

~Kalel's POV~

I wake up to see Melanie sitting up in bed on her phone. She slept over last night because she wanted Ian to have a guys night with no talk about babies and pregnancy and all that other stuff. "Morning!" She says.

"Hey, what time did you wake up?" I asked.

"Like 10 minutes ago."

"Okay good. I thought you were up all night."

"Nah, the baby wasn't moving much last night. Hey, guess what today is?"

"Oh yeah, it's valentines days. Even when i have a boyfriend i'm still spending it alone."

"Where's Anthony?"

"At his stupid Basketball game. Stupid sport, stupid team."

"Cheer up Kalel, i'm sure Anthony is going to make it up to you."

"Yeah but it won't be the same."

"Well the baby wants food so i'm going to raid your fridge." She gets up and heads downstairs. I decided to follow her. She didn't go to the kitchen. She went to the front door, Ian was there. Aw, i thought their date was later. Looks like i'm all alone again. "Hey Kalel go to the kitchen."

"Why?"

"Just do it." Ian says.

i go to the kitchen to see Anthony at the backdoor with flowers and bags from starbucks. "Hi!" I say.

"Hey, happy valentines day!" He says, kissing me.

"Happy valentines day. But Anthony i thought you had a game?"

"Eh, i can spare one grounding."

"Kalel i'm going to get ready. Ian and I will be back later." Melanie says.

"Okay." I say back. "Anthony come in!"

Ian and Melanie leave while Anthony and I head to the living room. He got me an unsweetened iced tea and a vegan blueberry muffin from starbucks. First we watched White Chicks while we ate. I swear that movie always makes me laugh. Then for a bit we played with Buki and Chibi on the floor. My mom came home while Anthony was crawling on the floor chasing them. "You two are so perfect for each other." She says.

"Mom go!" I laugh.

"Sorry, i'll head upstairs."

After my mom left Ian and Melanie came back. "Hey guys, how was your date?" I asked.

"Very romantic!" Mel says. "Thank you!" She turns around and kisses Ian.

"Anything for you." Ian says.

"Wait Ian do you want me to put the cats in my room? I know you're allergic." I say.

"Nah, i knew i was coming here so i took some allergy medicine." He says. They sit down on the love seat.

"Can we order some food?" Melanie asked.

"Babe we just ate." Ian says.

"Ian, i'm eating for two here. When the baby's hungry, i'm hungry."

"Okay, how about pizza?" Anthony asked.

"Funny you said that because i was really craving it."

"I'll go order, so two small cheesless vegetarian, and one small pepperoni?"

"Sounds about right." Ian says.

"Wait why do we need so many vegetarian?" Anthony asked.

"Well, i'm vegan, Melanie is lactose intolerant, and knowing her she'll be eating twice as much."