Support From a Friend

~Kalel's POV~

The doorbell rings and i immediately run downstairs. "I'll get it!" I yell. I open the door and hug Melanie as tight as i can. "Mel thank you so much! You're the only one who doesn't hate me."

"Why would i if you're happy?" She says.

"Mel i don't know what to do."

"How about you let me in, we grab some snacks, head upstairs, and talk about it."

"Right." I let go of her and close the door after she walks in. We grab as many snacks as we can. We quickly got upstairs before my mom saw us with all of our food. We sat down on my bed.

"Ok so important questions time. How long have you guys been a thing, and how did it happen?!"

"Well, we've been going out since October 10th."

"Awe, your anniversary is 10/10!"

"Yep. So, he told me he liked me and that had feelings for me for a while and at first i thought it was a bad idea due to it being secretive and all but in the end i love him and i kmew i wanted to be with him, dispite the sneaking around. Actually to me i thought it was more romantic. It was going great until, you know."

"I'm sorry about the others. But i know they won't stay mad for long."

"Thanks but i'm not sure about that. You see the looks they give me. But how are you not mad? After what he did to Ian?"

"I've always known he wasn't jerk. I knew he was faking for the crowd. I was mad at him for choosing them over us but he was a stupid sophmore at the time and at that age who wouldn't?"

"What is wrong with this school and their cliques? Why do i have to talk to and date the people in the group you're part of?"

"Honestly i don't know. Things changed after freshman year."

"Sometimes i wish i was back home. I'm not used to this west coast life style."

"I know what that's like, i moved here from New Jersey in the seventh grade. What i hated to most was that people immediately made stereotypical Jersey Shore accents when i was around."

"I'm surpised people don't make a stereotypical country folk accent around me." Suddenly Buki jumps back up on my bed and lays in between Mel and I. "Hi Buki! How's my baby?"

"You're the only one out of the group who has a cat."

"Really?"

"Yeah, Ian, Joven, Mari, Joey, Meghan, and Lasercorn all have dogs.

"What about sohinki?"

"Not sure, we barely go to his house."

"Yeah well since i'm an only child my mom decided that having a pet was good enough company for me."

"You're so lucky you're an only child. I have two older brothers who are either too over protective or rough with me. But surviving a household with two boys has helped me learn great fighting skills."

"True." I decided to hug her again. "Thanks for becoming my friend on the first day."

"Thanks for bumping into me!" She laughs.

We let go of the hug. "Sorry! I had them new girl probs." i joke.

"Yeah!" She smiled but soon stopped. "Since you kind of told me a secret of yours, can i tell you something?"

"Sure."

"Promise not to tell anyone?"

"I promise. Mel are you ok?"