Graduation

~Kalel's POV~

Today's the day, i'm finally graduating High School! I can't believe this day has finally come! I can't believe the year is over. It feels just yesterday i was wandering the halls of North Sacramento High alone and lost. All 254 of us seniors wait behind the stage. Most of us are on the verge of tears. We all take last minute group photos with out friends. Since our school colors are blue and white the school gave the girls white gowns and the boys blue gowns. I guess it's kind of sexist but hey, i'm only wearing it once and i just want to graduate. They teachers make us line up alphabetical order. Meghan will be the first of us to get our diploma, and Mari will be the last of us to get it.

"And now, i would like to present to you, North Sacramento High's graduating class of 2015!" The principal announces. We walk out and everyone is clapping and standing for us. I look up and see my mom in the audience. But who is that man next to... Oh my god, it's my dad! Awe i didn't know if he was going to make it or not! Now i feel like crying again. We stayed standing so we can do the national anthem, sung by the talented Kurt Schneider in our class. Once he finished and we were all seated, Mr. Gibbons stood up. "These kids were only freshman the first year i was principal. And through out these past four years i saw them grow into young adults. And i know all of them will be sucessful in their life to come. Now i am going to ask our validictorian to the stage but before i do i want to explain why we chose her to speak on behalf of the class tonight. Since grade 9 she had made sure she was on top. High A's in every class, took extra honors and AP classes, she even spent some free time in grade 11 working in our library. This past year big things have happened to her, but yet she still managed to get her work done, finish her senior project three months early, and leave mid year to bring a life into this world all at once. That is why we thought she was the perfect person to be our validictorian. Ladies and gentlemen, i'd like to introduce Ms. Melanie Moat to the stage."

We all clap for her as she walks onto the stage. She looked nervous but i can tell she'll be fine. "Wow." She starts. "It looks like we made it guys. After today we all start new chapters in our lives. I remember walking in with almost everyone here the first day of freshman year. We were all short, and scared, and really awkward as we were finally changing from kid to young adult. And here we are four years later as we transition into adulthood. But i have to say, out of all four years being in this school, this year was by far the most amazing year and i couldn't have gotten through with it without the help from my peers. It's hard to believe after today we'll all be going our separate ways. And even though we had our fights, our broken relationships, and hatred towards one another; in the end we found a way to fix our problems. We eventually made amends, recondled with old friends, made new friends, and in the end realized, we're still the same awkward kids we were four years ago! It doesn't matter where we all end up after today, just remember deep down you will always have the memories this school gave us. We will always be the North Sacramento High School class of 2015. Thank you." she finishes and she head back to her seat as we all clapped for her. Her speech was amazing.

Mr. Gibbons stands at the poteum again. "And now, we would like to play a slideshow the class of 2015 has made."  He says.

We turn our attention to the screen above the stage. In big letters appears 'NSHS Class of 2015' then an acoustic version of Here's to Never Growing Up by Avril Lavigne starts playing. It's all a bunch of picture of my classmates back from elementary school. Anthony is in a few of them. He was so adorable as a kid! It eventually got up to middle school age. Awe! There was a photo of Ian and Anthony when they were in grade six! They were dressed up like the mario Bros! Oh my god! Look at Melanie! She wasn't kidding when she said she had an awkward stage. I love old pictures! Oh, we got to high school. Ha! Look at Anthony's hair freshman year! Oh my god he had emo hair. Yay here's senior year pics! Finally pictures of me on there! Oh my god i am actually getting really teary, this year went by so fast! The video ended with a class picture at prom.