Prom (part 3)

~Kalel's POV~

The bus pulls up to the hotel and unloads all of the students. I connect my arm to Anthony's, making Alicia super jealous. We walk in the ballroom to see giant crystal chandeliers, gold ribbon wrapped around the poles, white tablecloths, and a stage in the back center. It was absolutely beautiful! Anthony and I were sadly seated with Derek, Kevin, and the rest as the other group's table was full. People are lining up to vote for Prom King and Queen. Everyone except for the nominees has to vote for one boy and one girl.

For the first hour Anthony practically ignored me. He's too busy with his friends. What makes it worse is that i can tell Alicia has her eye on Anthony. It makes me angry that i can't say anything to her. But even without Anthony i'm still having a great time with my friends. Melanie is starting to let loose about the baby. She hasn't looked at her phone since she got here. Probably because Ian took it away but still. I really hate the chaparones at our prom. It's my calculus teacher Mr. Shields, Mrs. Winslow our home-ec teacher, and the principal Mr. Gibbons; three of the most boring teachers in our school.

I sit down at our table and i feel hands on my shoulders. I look up and see Anthony. "Hi." I say.

"Hey." He sits down in front of me. "Having fun?"

"Yeah." I give him a slight smile.

"You okay?"

"I feel like i haven't seen you all night."

"I know, i'm sorry." Suddenly a slow song comes on. "Wanna dance?"

"You actually want to?"

"Kalel you're my girlfriend and also my date tonight. And right now i really want some alone time with you."

I smile and i follow him to the dance floor. In the corner of my eye i see Alicia looking at us. I thought this would make me feel better, but Anthony seemed awkward about it. Like he didn't hold me close to him. I picture us looking like we're at a middle school dance. The song ended and Anthony was about to sit back down with me.

"Hey Padilla, you gotta see this!" Derek says.

Anthony looks at me. "I'll be right back." He says. and like that Anthony is gone, again.

Mari, Meghan, and Melanie come up to me. "Did Anthony just ditch you again?" Mari asked.

"Yeah." I frown. "Is there something wrong with me? Why doesn't he want to be with me?"

"Kalel Anthony is just confused." Meghan says.

"Yeah, he feels like he has to inpress the losers but yet at the same time he wants to be himself." Melanie says. "And for as long as I knew Anthony he has never seemed happier than when he is with you."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, he really loves you. He tells Ian that all the time."

I sigh and take a sip of water. "You okay?" Meghan asked.

"Yeah, i'll be fine." I say. Even though i wasn't.

~Anthony's POV~

I go with Derek and Kevin greets us. "Dude guess what!" Derek says.

"What?" I asked.

"We rigged the ballot."

"What! Why?"

"Now you and Kalel are going to win." Kevin says.

"And get this, the minute Kalel is crowned she is going to get drenched in yellow paint."

What, no, no that was never the plan! I can't let them hurt her. "Woah dude i thought it was going to be confetti?" Kevin asked. I hate both but i'd prefer confetti.