Getting ready

~Kalel's POV~

So, it's the first day at a new school, just fucking great. Seriously couldn't my mom wait another year to move, I mean it's November of my senior year. I had so many friends back home in Louisiana. Now, I have none and I doubt people would want to make friends with the new girl. The only good thing coming out of this is that we moved to California. Really warm weather, beaches, and the boys. Maybe this won't be a bad thing. For the first day I decided to wear a black skirt that has little bows on it with a bow belt and a white lacey top. On my feet I wore a just a pair of sandals.

"Kalel!" My mom shouted. "Are you ready?"

"Be right there" I shout back. I put on my backpack and walk downstairs.

"Honey you look beautiful!" My mom said.

"Well I'm already the new kid so I can't make myself look any worse." I say.

We go to the car and she drives off. It was really silent.

"Honey I know you're upset, but once you adjust you will like it here." My mom said.

"Mom, I'm the new girl of senior year, these kids have been going to school with each other for years. They've already found their cliques and probably don't want to change them for me." I say, putting my headphones in and turning on my music. My mom immediately pulls them out of my ear. "Ow, what the hell was that for?"

"Kalel you have to at least try, don't isolate from people because you think they're going to be mean to you. Just say fuck you if don't like how someone's treating you." She says. I sigh and slouch down in the seat. "High school is hell, but if you want to get through it you have to stand up and be yourself. You think you can do that?"

"Fine, I'll try."

"Look we're here!"

I look out my window. This place is fucking huge. It looks like a college campus. This school was much different from my old one. The lockers were outside, there was a giant courtyard where I'm guessing you eat lunch, and a little area with a fountain. I think I'm gonna like it here. "Bye mom" I say opening the car door.

"Buy Kalel, good luck." She says.

"Thanks I need all the luck I can get." I close the car door and she drives away. I turn around and face the school. I hope I don't get lost.