Court Date

~Kalel's POV~

Anthony's court date is today. All seven of us are going for support. I hope the judges let Anthony take custody of his brothers. And his father to be put in jail for a while. We sit down in the back row. This woman next to Mari keeps looking at us. I see Anthony's dad and his lawyer on one side. With Anthony, the brunette CPS lady, and a lawyer on the other. The judge walks in. Here goes nothing. They bring Anthony's father to the stand. "Mr. Padilla, you've taken care of these boys alone for six years now is that correct?" His lawyer asked.

"Yes." His dad says.

"So you've done all the shopping, bill paying, and any support for these three boys while your estranged wife is out there not doing a thing?"

"Yes." I can't see Anthony's face but i can tell he is shaking his head.

"That is all." His lawyer sits and Anthony's step up.

"Mr. Padilla, my client was talking with your son Brandon. And he said he hasn't been to the doctors on over three years." She says.

"We haven't been able to afford it." He says.

"Why? Spending it all on cigarette and booze?"

"I don't drink."

I heard Anthony chuckle as he said that. "Really? Then why were you drunk when you were arrested?" His dad stayed silent. "Mr. Padilla, we found this belt in your room." She pulls out an evidence bag with a large black belt. "And it matches the scar along Matthew's bottom."

"He probably was playing around with Brandon."

"He said word for word, you came home acting silly and got angry and spanked him with it."

"He's six, he has a weird imagination."

"A six year old can't make up something this serious."

"Your honor i object!" His lawyer says.

"That is all." She sits back down next to Anthony and his dad gets off the stand. I look over, that lady is crying. Who the hell is she? Ian is holding Melanie close to him. His hand is on her stomach. This must be hard for him to hear. With him technically being a father and all.

~Anthony's POV~

So far so good. I know the judge can't express facial opinions but i can tell he is disgusted with my dad. Mrs. Wells, my side's lawyer, stands up. "Mr. Daniel Padilla has been abusive to not only his kids, but to his wife, whom he is technically still married to."

"Your honor this is about the kids not his wife."

"Overruled." The judge says. "Continue Mrs. Wells."

"I would like to welcome Lisa Padilla to the stand." No fucking way, they found my mom? No they couldn't have, she disappeared to who know's where. I turn around and this lady in the back row stands up. She was in the same row as Kalel and the guys. "Mrs. Padilla, what happened between you and your husband?"

"When i found out i was pregnant with Matthew, Daniel changed. He started drinking more and became more agressive. He never took his anger out on our boys, mostly me. I couldn't handle it anymore. I had to get away." She says.

"so he was abusive to you as well?"

"Yes."

"That is all."

My dad's lawyer walks up. "Mrs. Padilla, if you knew your husband was abusive then why did you leave your sons there?" He says. Yeah, why did she leave us? I'd like to hear this.

"Originally my plan was to take the boys too. But Daniel found out and said if i took the boys away he'll come find us and kill us. So i did what i had to do. I thought my sons would be safer away from me. But now i guess i was wrong." She breaks down crying. I'm mad at her, but at the same time i just want to hug her. I missed her so much.

"We'll be taking a break." The Judge says.

Everyone exits the court and i join Kalel. I hug her as tight as i can. "You okay?" She asked.

"I can't believe she's here." I say.

"Then why don't you go talk to her."

"I don't know how i feel. I can't tell if i hate her for leaving or miss her."

Our friends approach us. "Wow, that was intense." Joven says.

"I know, i feel like i was just in Law and Order SVU." Mel says.

"I can't believe your dad did all of that." Meghan says.

"I know, what sick bastard would hit his kids?" Ian says all angrily. Wow, he's really getting into the whole becoming a dad thing. We all look at him. "I'm sorry, this kind of stuff pisses me off!"

"It's okay honey." Melanie says, hugging him.

"What do you think they're going to decide?" Sohinki asked.

"Well, i wanted total custody of my brothers but now with my mom back they will most likely be placed with her. All i know is if my dad gets released and custody i'm gonna go after him."

"We'll be right behind you bro." Lasercorn says.

We go back in and take our places. We all stand up. "In the case of twelve year old Brandon Padilla and six year old Matthew Padilla, i hear by give full cusody of these boys to their mother Lisa Padilla." The judge says. I smile and feel my eyes tear up. As long as they're not with my Dad i'm fine. "Daniel will lose all rights to see his kids and will be in court three weeks from friday for the charges from the arrest."

I thank my lawyer and the CPS lady who's name i can never remember. I leave and get reunited with Matt and Brandon. "Anthony!" Matt cheered. I hugged them both.

"I told you everything was going to work out." I say.

"Are you going to take us home?" Brandon asked.

"I will, but someone is coming with us."

"Kalel?"

"Nope, just watch." I pick up Matthew and bring them to our mom. She turns around and smiles.

"Mom?" I guess Brandon remembers her.

"Hi boys!" She says all teary.

"Who's she?" Matt asked.

"Matt, this is our mom." I say.

"We have a mommy?"

"Yeah, you're under her care now. She's coming home with us."

"Is dad coming too?" He asked, a little frightened.

"No and don't worry,he'll never come near you again."

"Good!"

I put Matt down and they both hug mom. I join in as well. "So, you forgive me?" She asked me. I can't stay mad at her, she was only doing what she thought was best.

"I love you mom." I say.

"Love you too Anthony."

"Wait mom, there's someone i want you to meet." I walk over to Kalel and tap her. She turns around and smiles.

"Hey, congrats!" She says.

"Come with me." I take her hand and bring her over to my mom. "Mom, this is my girlfriend Kalel. For the past few months she has stood by us and took care of us. I love her."

"Hi, Mrs. Padilla. It's so nice to finally meet you." Kalel says.

"Nice to meet you too. Anthony she is lovely. You picked a good one." My mom says.

"I know i did." I say.

"Kalel would you like to come over for dinner?"

"I would love to." She says.

We say goodbye to our friends and head out to my car. My mom gets in the passenger seat and Kalel and my brothers get in the back. The drive home was so peaceful. Finally, everything is perfect.