Getting Together?

~Anthony's POV~

Kalel hasn't spoken a word to me since the party. What did i do? Did i hurt her? Well whatever i did caused her to ignore me for a week. At school today i said hi in study hall but she just looked down. Fuck, i did something; i know i did. Suddenly my phone goes off; finally Kalel was texting me.

Kalel Kitten🐱: Meet me @ our spot. We need to talk.

Anthony Padildo: Ok... What's wrong? 😟

Kalel Kitten🐱: We'll talk when you get here.

What the hell is going on? Usually Kalel texts with an emoji in every message but, this time she didn't. I walk out of my room and run down the stairs. "Ant, where are you going?" Matthew asked.

"I'll be right back, tell Brandon to start dinner ok?"

"Ok Ant!" He runs up the stairs. "Brandon!" He yells. Kid's a handful; but he's only 6. I just feel bad because he's too young to remember our mom and to realize what our dad does every night. He has been calling me Ant since he could talk. Him and Brandon are the reason i don't want to leave for college; i can't leave them with our dad by themselves.

Anyway back to Kalel. I go through my back door and walk through the path. I get there and see Kalel; she has a worried look on her face. "Hey." I say.

"Hi." She says.

"What's going on? Are you ok?"

"Um." She pauses. "No. Listen after the party i found you and you were a tad drunk."

"I figured." I joked. But she didn't laugh.

"Anyway, you told me some things that i don't think i was supposed to hear."

"Like?"

"Well, first you said you hate football."

"Which is true; i only play because my dad makes me."

"Then you said you don't want to be with Alicia anymore."

"I was planning on breaking up with her but i don't know when."

"And you said the reason you didn't want to be with her was because you liked someone else."

Fuck! Did i tell Kalel i liked her; when i was drunk? That's not how i wanted to do it! "You know, don't you?" She nods and looks down at her feet. There was this awkwardness between us now. That's it, enough is enough; i'm making Kalel mine tonight. "Well, it's true. Kalel this past month i have been the happiest i have ever been in the past six years. You let me be myself and like me for me. You see me as Anthony, not The Anthony Padilla." I step closer to her and wrap my arms around her waist. "I love having you around and meeting you was one of the best things to ever happen to me."

Her jaw is slightly ajar and she's in complete shock. "I like you alot too, but with all of the sneaking around this won't work; people will find out if anything happens between us." She says.

"No they won't, we can do this."

"But what about your friends? They'll just hurt me even more if they find out."

"No, i won't let them touch you."

"And my friends would hate me if they find out."

"No one will find out about us; it'll be just you and me. Kalel i really want to be with you." I did something i really wasn't planning on doing. I kissed her; and i felt her kiss back. She lets go and releases herself from my arms.

"Anthony, I want to be with you too. Buy as long as you're still with Alicia and we keep sneaking around things between us won't work." She says. She leaves and walks back down the path.

Well, i just screwed everything up. Way to go Anthony; you're a fucking idiot. Not only did i ruin my chance of being with her, i ruined our friendship. I don't want to lose her though. That's it! I will make Kalel mine. First things first is to dump Alicia. I leave our spot and head to my car. I drive to Alicia's house and her mom answers the door. "Hi, Mrs. Jones."

"Anthony hi, she's upstairs." She says. "But i didn't know you were stopping by."

"It's a surpise." Yeah, a pretty big one. I head upstairs and stand infront of Alicia's door. I take a breath and open it. There was Alicia, lying in bed, making out with Kevin.

"Anthony!" Alicia says.

I sat there with my mouth in awe. It's not that i'm mad; it's just, how did i not know this was happening? Eh who cares i came here to dump her. Now i have to make this look real. "What the fuck!" I yelled.

"Dude, i swear it's not what it looks like." Kevin says.

"Um, it looks like you were making out with my girlfriend!"

Alicia gets off the bed and comes up to me. "Anthony, baby please don't be mad. We only had sex once if it makes you feel better."

"I can't believe you'd do this to me; after two fucking years!"

"Anthony!" She tries to hug me but i push her away.

"No, we're done! Go ahead and fuck Kevin all you want. I'm out of here." I walk back down the stairs.

"Anthony, dude." I hear Kevin say.

I get back to my car and just smile. I'm finally free. I wasn't surpised she was cheating on me. Now to get Kalel.

~Kalel's POV~

I can't believe what just happened. Anthony really does like me! He kissed me and i felt sparks. And when he held me in his arms i thought i was dreaming. I want to be with him, i really do. But we can't sneak around, people will find out. The pain in his eyes when i left keeps sticking to my mind. I can't believe i hurt him that bad; i feel terrible. What the hell did i do? Did i seriously turn down the one guy i care about the most? I have to fix this. I honestly don't care if people find out now; i just want to be with Anthony. I hear a knock on my backdoor. I get up from my couch and head to the kitchen. It was Anthony. "Anthony what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I broke up with Alicia." He said immediately, Did i just hear that correctly? It sounded like he broke up with Alicia. "She was cheating on me with Kevin; I walked in on them. But that doesn't matter." He takes a hold of my hands. "Now we can be together. I won't let anyone find out about us. I won't let anything hurt you or come between us. It'll be just you and me. Kalel i never felt about anyone the way i feel about you. I'll make you my deepest secret so those jerks won't hurt you. I'll keep you safe. Please give me a chance." I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him. We break the kiss but he held me in his arms. We smile wide at each other. "Kalel Cullen, will you go out with me?"

"Yes!" I say as i nod my head. He goes to kiss me again but he somehow bumps into my big-framed glasses.

"Sorry!" He chuckles.

"It's ok!" I giggle. He kisses me for real and I feel like the happiest girl in the world.