Hallway Madness

~Kalel's POV~

So far my day hasn't been too bad. Melanie was so far in two of my classes, Mari was in three in my classes and Ian was in one of my classes. I walk to the courtyard for lunch. I can't seem to find them. But i do see that jerk Derek and his friends.

"Kalel over here!" Ian yells. I look to my left and see Ian, Melanie, And Mari with a bunch of other kids.

"Hey guys!" I say sitting down.

"Hey Kalel!" Melanie says. "So this is our little group of friends." I look around. There's about five other kids there.

"Hi, I'm Joshua" A kid with black hair and glasses says.

"I'm Matt" the kid next to him said.

"I'm Meghan" A girl said.

"I'm David" another boy said. "But you can call me lasercorn!"

"I'm Joey" the last one said.

"Hi, everyone!" I say.

"So Kalel, where are you from?" Meghan asked.

"Missouri; I just moved here last week." I say.

"Do you like it here so far?" Matt asked.

"So far it's been pretty great. Except in homeroom, when that Derek guy touched my butt."

"Ugh, i hate guys like that!" Meghan says.

"So, how many are there?" I asked.

"How many what?" Ian asked.

"Jocks. I need to know so i can take caution."

"The whole varsity football team so there's 11." David says.

"But only three of them are truly assholes to everyone." Melanie says.

"I'm guessing it's the ones i met earlier." I say.

"Yeah, First there's Derek McCallister, who you've obviously met. He's the captain of the football team." Joshua says.

"Next there's Kevin Quincy, he's Derek's best friend. He's just as bad as Derek." Mari says.

"And then, ugh" Ian pauses. "Anthony Padilla" he sighs.

"What's so bad about Anthony?" I asked.

"Anthony used to be Ian's best friend. He also was one of us." Melanie says.

"But then his dad became the football coach and forced Anthony to try out. Anthony was automatically put on the team. Ever since then he ignored us and stopped hanging out with us for them." Joey states.

"When did this happen?" I asked.

"Sophmore year" Mari says.

"Wow, what a jerk!" I say.

I continued eating lunch with them. They are so funny and really nice. I don't understand why that Anthony kid would dump these guys. I actually made friends. I guess my mom was right. The bell rung and we all went our own ways. I had to walk to study hall alone. Great the idiots are coming this way. I put my head down and tried to walk quickly passed them, but Kevin pushed me down, making me drop everything.

"Oops!" He jokes. "Sorry!" He laughs.

"Good one dude!" Derek says.

I literally felt like fucking crying.

~Anthony's POV~

I can't believe Kevin did that! She has done nothing so far, besides slap Derek in the face, which was pretty funny. Derek and kevin walk away. I reach my hand out to the girl.

"Need help?" I asked.

She looked at me angrily and got up herself. She picked up her stuff. "Listen you, keep yourself and your asshole friends the hell away from me." She says. She runs away. Everyone in the hallway looks at me. Great they think i did it.

"Anthony!" I heard from down the hall. It was Alicia. She runs up to me. "Hey babe!" She says kissing me.

"Hey, what are you up to?" I say.

"Nothing. Hey did you see the new girl yet? She's so ugly."

"Yeah, she's in my homeroom." I say.

"Not suprised she made friends with those freaks."

"Hey Padilla!" Derek says, approaching us. "What did you say to her after we left?"

"Why?" I asked.

"We just saw her run into the bathroom crying." Kevin says.

"You made her cry?" Alicia smiles. "Babe that is great!"

"Oh i said, 'go back to Missouri you hick, no one want's you here." I lied. They all stood there in silence.

"Dude that's awesome!" Derek laughed,

"Yeah good one Anthony!" Kevin laughs.

The warning bell rings and hallway cleared except for Alicia and I.

"Well i better get to class." I say.

"Or, we could be late and have a little fun in the janitor's closet?" She says, biting her lip.

"No, i better go to class, if i'm late to study hall one more time Mrs. Clawwood is going to write me up." I lied.

"Ok, well see you later." She kisses me and walks away. I quickly jolt to study hall. I enter the room.

"Mr. Padilla, you're actually here on time." Mrs. Clawwood says.

"Yep" i say, looking at the clock. "And with ten seconds to spare."