Secret Friendship

~Kalel's POV~

Its a new day at North Sacramento High and so far it's been, well, not as bad as yesterday. At least i didn't have to deal the two idiots today. Yes, it's two now, i don't include Anthony anymore. I walk down the halls to my Italian class. I see Anthony.

"Hey Anthony!" I say.

"Kalel, i need to talk to you." He says.

"Ok." He quickly rushes us to the janitors closet. He locks the door. "What the hell was that for?"

"Listen, you know how this school is weird with the cliques and if your in one you can't talk to people in others?"

"Yeah, i guess."

"Well, i really want to be your friend, but we can't be friends at school."

I started feeling sad. "So what are you trying to say?"

"That i want to be friends outside of school."

"Anthony that won't work, people will eventually find out."

"No, because i have a perfect, secret place we can meet up at. No one knows about it but me."

"I don't know"

"Please just trust me. I'll take you there after school."

"Fine, we better go, we'll be late for third period."

"Ok, you can leave first, i'm usually late anyway."

"Ok, see ya!" I leave the closet quietly. Suddenly i see Alicia and her little cheerleader friends. Great she noticed me leaving the closet.

"You should have stayed in there, that's where the trash belongs." She says. Her and her friends laugh. I would have started crying, but that insult made no sense. No janitor puts the trash in the closet, it goes in the dumpsters. Well she is a blonde,  maybe the bleach got to her head

~~~after third period~~~

Italian was a very bad class. My teacher, Mr. Johnson, smells so bad. I can't even decribe it. Luckily it's over with and it's lunch. Yay! Time to see my friends. When i walked out to the court yard, the only people i saw at our table were Ian and Melanie, and of course they were making out again. I sit across from them and slam my book down on the table. They broke apart after getting startled.

"What was that for?" Ian asked.

"I don't want to eat while my two friends are sucking face." I laugh.

"Hey, you're just jealous of our relationship." Ian says.

"No, i'm not!" I say.

Mari comes over and sits down. "Hey guys!" She says. "Oh Kalel, how are you feeling?"

"Good, about what?" I asked confused.

"About what happened yesterday."

"Wait what happened yesterday?" Melanie asked.

"Nothing much." I say.

"Nothing much? How about Derek and his idiot friends pushing you down and making you cry in the bathroom." Mari says.

"Oh my god! Are you ok?" Melanie asked.

"Yeah, i'm fine. I only hit my head a little."

"Ugh, those fuckers just make me want to."

"Ian!" Melanie cuts him off.

I look over at the jock's table. Anthony peers over at me and smiles. I smiles back.