A New Life

~Kalel's POV~

I woke up to my phone's constant ringing. Who calls me at 3 in the morning? Oh right, only Mari. "Hello?" I asked.

"Kalel!" She shouts.

"Mari why are you calling me now? We have school on the morning."

"Melanie went into labor!"

"What! No way!"

"I know!" She squeals. "i'm in the waiting room with the others if you're coming."

"Ok, i'm on my way!" I say, jumping out of bed. I can't believe it, Melanie's having the baby! Awe i can't wait to meet it. I try to quickly get dressed but my mom came into my room. "Kalel Cullen it is three in the morning what are you doing?!" She scolded.

"Mom, Melanie went into labor. I'm going to meet my friends at the hospital."

"Kalel it's a school night!"

"Please i'll try and make it to school on time. Melanie and Ian wants all of us there right now for support. Their lives are about to change and they want us there to see it."

"Ok, you can go. But if i get a call from the school saying you didn't show up you'll be in trouble."

"Thank you mom!" I quickly run down the stairs and out the door. I have so much excitement in me right now. I pull up to the hospital and all of my friends there.

"Hey babe!" Anthony says.

"Hey, how is she?"

"They just went into delivery now!" Ian's mom says.

"Already?"

"Actually she's been in labor since nine last night. We didn't get the chance to call you guys until recently."

"I can't believe this is happening. Our friends are becoming parents as of this moment."

"I know, it's so weird." Mari says.

"Yeah, picturing Ian as a dad kind of scares me." Joven says.

"I hope i get to see the baby before i go to school in three hours." I say

"Me too, i can't wait!" Meghan says. "I want to know the name they picked out!"

"Be patient kids, bringing a life into the world isn't as easy as it looks." Mrs. Hecox says.

"So, are you guys excited about becoming grandparents?" Anthony asked Ian's parents.

"We couldn't be happier. I mean we could've waited a few more years but were still happy for them!" Ian's dad says.

"So, how long will this be? I kind of want to go back to sleep." Sohinki says.

"Just do what Lasercorn is doing?" Mari says, pointing at Lasercorn; who is asleep on the bench using his jacket as a pillow.

After almost an two hours everybody began getting impatient. "Seriously, how long does it take to push a baby out?" Joven asked.

"Just be patient and relax. Let Ian and Melanie do this." I say.

"Hey guys." I hear. It was Ian. he was standing there, looking very exhausted. we all rush to him.

"Honey how did it go?" his mom asked.

"it took a while but she did it."

"how's the baby?" Mari asked.

"Perfect. i just can't believe i'm a father."

"i''m proud of you honey." his mom says

"is she all settled?" his dad asked.

"yeah they brought Melanie to her room. she fell asleep almost immediately. the baby is in the nursery. you can all come with me if you want." we follow him down the hall to the nursery. we stop in front of the giant window. surprisingly there was only one baby in there; a little baby boy named Lucas Andrew Hecox. "There he is guys. that's my son."