Chapter 27

Dedicated to oriya-15 (for always being the first to vote😊)

The mansion looked perfectly fine from the outside, it was quiet and most of the lights were turned off as it should be at night, but the pungent smell of blood sent us running into it without even thinking of our own safety.

Aurora had assured us that everything was okay when we called but the amount of dead body piled up in the main hall didn't exactly prove so.

I didn't think twice before dashing up the stairs, I heard the sound of footsteps behind me but I didn't dare stop, All I could think about was my mother, I would never forgive myself if he got her again.

I checked her room and she wasn't there, neither was Aurora nor Arielle. I checked their rooms but no one was there. I could feel the moisture gathering in my eyes, my heart felt like it was being ripped apart. I could feel my head getting all fuzzy as memories of the past kept flooding my mind.

"The safe!, The goddamn safe!" Antonio mumbled and ran down the stairs, I didn't have any idea of what he was talking about but I followed immediately.

He ran out an exit I didn't know existed, into the woods. It was dark but he certainly knew where he was going. After running for a while, a little cabin came into view, it was small and hidden behind some huge trees.

We stopped in front of the cabin, Antonio pulled out his gun and I followed suite, he tried opening the front door but it didn't budge. We tried looking through the window but the lights were turned off and the curtains were let down.

Someone was definitely inside;

Antonio signaled for us to try the back and luckily it opened freely, we quietly walked into the kitchen and then the parlor but no one was in sight.

We were about to check the other rooms when I felt it, I froze in my steps so as not to dare the attacker. Antonio who was ahead of me didn't notice my predicament and kept on walking.

"Alessio?''

I quickly turned around not caring about the gun which she immediately tossed aside and switched on the lights.

"Thank Goodness..., damn!, I was so scared." She sobbed,

"Rosa, calm down" I urged, I really needed to know the state of the others.

She was shaking and sobbing but she nodded, " your mom's hiding in the bathroom" she managed to say,

I didn't know where it was so I searched all the other rooms until I found Antonio kneeling on the bathroom floor with Mom,

I rushed to her side and hugged her,
She didn't hug me back but kept on crying.

"It's okay mom, he can't get you" I assured, but she kept on crying.

"They took them", Antonio mumbled, he got up and angrily kicked the door,

"Who?!" I asked confused,

"Aurora, Arielle, Dom and the other girl." He stated,

Oh fuck!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello🙂

I wasn't supposed to upload till next week but I did just to appreciate everyone for giving me my first 1k reads,

Thank you all ❤

Do well to vote and share

Love
Hope.O.