Chapter 13

Ashley's POV

"Do you need help finding your room?" a feminine voice said from beside me.

I squealed and turned to look at the person I didn't notice was standing there.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, I just thought you might need help locating your room." she said giving me a small smile.

I tried smiling back at her so as not to come out as a rude person but I'm definitely sure it came out as a grimace.

"Don't worry all will be fine,  I know it might sound crazy to say  that but one has has to be optimistic, positive and strong in times like these." she said, her words were motivational but right now all I wanted was to get out of here with my brother and go back to our normal life.

"I'm Celia by the way, it's nice meeting you......" she said putting her hands forward for a handshake.

"Ashley" I said shaking her hand. She seemed nice but I didn't want to trust anyone here yet, Celia looked to be 2 or 3 years older than me, she had platinum blonde hair which was in a pixie cut and dark blue eyes, she was about an inch or two taller than me.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you Ashley." she said giving me a bright smile.

"So what's your room number?, you look like you need to rest." Celia asked.

I took out the key I was given and showed it her,

"Room 5 huh?, I think either Lilian or Cory stays there, come on I'll show you the place." she gave me back my key and started to walk towards the apartment so I followed.

"Your room's on the ground floor so we don't need to go up the stairs" Celia said just as we passed a group of girls chatting and laughing loudly.

"Hey Lia, who's the new girl"  a girl from the group asked, she stood up from her seat and walked over to us.

"Leave her alone Barbie, she just got here, she's exhausted." Celia said as she took a position in front of me totally blocking me from 'Barbie'.

"But I'm not trying chop her head off, I just want to tell her how filthy she looks, I don't know why the boss brings girls like this here, they're bad for business." Barbie said picking at her perfectly manicured nails.

"If you have a problem with that, why don't you talk to him about it since you see him every night as you say or were you lying?." Celia asked with a coy smile.

I heard a gasp from one of the other girls watching, from I where I stood I saw Barbie's face pale but she recovered quickly and giggled loudly.

"Oh honey!, you see the problem is we don't do much of talking, we 'work' most of the night."  Barbie emphasised the 'work' causing the other girls to giggle.
Idiots!

"Well do whatever you want, I don't care, come on Ashley." Celia said holding onto my hand as we walked away from them.

"Thanks, I could have totally stood my own ground it's just I'm not in the mood for any drama." I said letting out a loud sigh.

"It's okay, you would think  girls would stand by each other in  this kind of situation but....... No!, some of them want to be the queen bees no matter where they are." she said stopping in front of a door, it had the number 5 written on it.