Chapter 34

Ashley

I stacked the last of the clean cutleries before calling it a day. I have been on my feet all day doing most of the the house chores. My head was aching and feet were killing me.

I was so tired I could pass out but I successfully got to my room before that could happen. I shut the door behind me and made sure it was securely locked.

I dragged myself to my bed and laid on it, it wasn't exactly a bed but a little mattress by the corner of the room, for now though it was my safe haven- the only place in this mansion where I could be alone and cry myself to sleep.

It has been two months since Arielle was taken, two months since I last heard anything about that family. At first I had a bit of hope that Arielle would tell sir Antonio everything and I'll probably be rescued but that didn't happen and I never saw them again.

After Arielle left, The big boss here, who I now know as Sir Montenegro ordered a relocation to this present place for reasons known to him. At first he refused that I come with them and insisted that I should be sold or killed but Olivia begged on my behalf and retained me as her maid.

Things were going a bit better and I preferred working for Olivia than any other person here but that changed when Olivia had to move to another state for work.

Her father made it very clear that there was no way I could go with her. He reminded me of my place as a slave with no choices of my own.

After Olivia left, I was forced by the other maids to do everything including theirs own chores, they were all older and more integrated in the house than I was. They picked on me and refused to give me food if I didn't obey their instructions.

I hated them badly, I kept on wondering why people who I never offended would treat me like I was worse than them. But little did I know that this was just the beginning, the men in the house would try to harass and molest me at every chance they got, I tried as much as possible to stay clear from them all but it was practically impossible living in a house full of shameless men.

Tears threatened to spill as I pondered on my present life, all I wished right now was to go back to my former life, with my brother and parents. I wished they never died and all these never happened.

I slowly fell asleep with sweet memories of my family.

_______________________________

I was up and awake by 4am, I needed to prepare for my day which officially starts by 5am. I took a bath and brushed my teeth before slipping into the nasty uniform I was forced to wear. I put my hair in a ponytail as I was told to by the head maid who for some reason also hated me. She turned a blind eye to everything the other maids did to me.

My first chore was to make breakfast, I only cooked for the members of house while the Head maid cooked for the boss and his family.

I stopped dead in my tracks as I spotted Lorenzo in the kitchen, if there was any one I feared more than the boss himself, it was his son. He was also one of my tormentors, he had never really spoken to me since our first encounter or tried to harm me but I got scared anytime he looked at me.

He was the one who insisted on selling me and making me a whore, and I've heard some of the maids talking about how deadly and unmerciful he was to anyone who offended him. He wasn't always at home because he runs most of his father's business so whenever he was at home I made sure to engage in other duties that kept me as far away as possible from him.

Although that didn't seem possible now, I needed to prepare breakfast and he was right there in the kitchen. I took a deep breath and cleaned by sweaty palms on my dress.

"Good morning Sir Lorenzo" I greeted quietly and as usual he didn't respond,

He was drinking a cup of coffee but his eyes were on me, I could feel it. I tried my possible best to ignore his stare and continue cooking.

I was stumbling and dropping things due to my nervousness, I kept cleaning my hands because of how sweaty they were.

He didn't say a word and I was at least thankful for that, I took more time than I usually did in preparing the meal and by the time I was done it was almost 6am.

I cleaned the place and was about to leave but he stopped me,

"Can I help you Sir?" I asked quietly,

"Aren't you going to serve my breakfast?" He asked,

"I don't cook your breakfast, I was ordered to cook for the others. The head maid cooks your breakfast in the private kitchen upstairs." I stated, although I suspected he should already know this.

"Serve it and refill my coffee." He ordered and I had no choice but to obey.

I served him and left the kitchen, hoping I don't get into trouble for this.

_______________________________________

Hii everyone
It's been quite disappointing to write this days cause I feel like no one ever reads it 🥺🥺

I've been going through some stuff lately so I don't update often but I really hope I get more reads it would be freaking encouraging.

And lastly thanks to everyone who has been with me so far, I really appreciate you 💜💜