Chapter 4

Stepping out of the shower, I wrapped a towel around myself leaving my hair down to air dry.

It's been a week since I started working at Sam's Café and everything has been going great.
I've even learnt some new recipes from Sam and Nick.

I glanced down at my phone on the night stand seeing it was 5:45am already. I quickly dried myself and applied my coco butter lotion then brushed my hair and put it in a high ponytail.

After putting on the new Jeans Rosa bought for me last week and a random tee-shirt, I rushed into the kitchen to make Breakfast knocking on Alex's door for him to get and prepare for school.

Breakfast took me twenty-five minutes to make, I served the pancakes and bacon in three separate dishes.

Taking Aunt's food and a hot cup of coffee I made my way to her room.

After knocking for what felt like eternity, I heard an approval to come in.

"Morning Aunt", I greeted as I placed her breakfast on the table

She ignored me not even sparing me a glance as she made her way into her closet.

"I want these clothes washed and ironed today I need them for an event tomorrow evening." she said handing me a pile of clothes.

"Yes Aunt" I said knowing I'd have to wash them as soon as I got back from work.

"Has Amber had her breakfast yet?" She asked going back to bed.

"No she hasn't woken yet." I said wanting to go have breakfast and leave for work.

"Then go wake her" she said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Yes Aunt" I replied making my way out of her room.

I went straight to Amber's room to wake her, not even bothering to knock I opened her door to find her fast asleep.

"Amber! Amber!! Amber!!!", I yelled from where I stood by the door.

"What!!!",she yelled back staring at me with anger for my oh so amazing wake up call.

"Time to get up, you have school and breakfast is ready." I said leaving her room and shutting the door behind me.

"Leave.Me.Alone" I heard her yell from her room. Brat!

I went to Alex's room next, he had already showered and was dressing so after telling him breakfast was ready I left him to finish up.

Once I was done with my breakfast I realised I had thirty minutes to get to work. Alex had also eaten his breakfast so I gave him some cash and sent him off while I went back to my room to put on my work uniform which was a simple baby pink Tee with the Café logo and my name on it. Picking up my purse and cardigan, I left my room to wear my black sandals before finally leaving for work.

"Morning Sam" l greeted as I made my way to the back room to drop my stuff.

Sam was always the first one to get here because here house is just a block away.

"Morning Ash, How was your night?." Sam asked while putting change in the cash register.

"Fine, what about you?" I asked closing my locker.

"Great" Sam replied with a smile.
"Good Morning Everyone." Rosa chirped from the front door.

"Morning Rosa" me and Sam said in unison.

After we cleaned up the Café, Sam and I started on the muffins and cupcakes while Rosa started making coffee.

At exactly 8:00am the Café was opened, I waited on tables with Rosa for a while since for some reason Nick didn't show up.