Chapter 10

Ashley's POV

My head hurts, everything hurts. It feels like I've been run over by a truck. My skin is all sweaty and gross, there's a cut on my arm with dried blood around it. I feel like puking, I'm nauseous and my head is spinning.

Wait a second.......!!, Where am I?, where is this place?, it's cold, bare and dark. I try to adjust my vision to see if I can make out my location but all I see is darkness. Silence surrounds me and that scares me even more. I try to stand but my muscles feel tired and weak, it's like am alive but somewhat dead I can't remember anything and my headache is getting worse. I'm trying to stay awake but it seems impossible. The darkness draws me in and not long after I fall unconscious again.

-------------------------------------------------

I feel better the next time am awake, my head doesn't hurt much and I could hear noises around me. I start to panic as I realise my hands and legs are tied down and I'm blindfolded.

I start to wonder what's going on, Am I being kidnapped??, NO!  it must definitely be some kind of joke. It must be Rosa, of course its Rosa!!, maybe she planned this to surprise me. But where is she??, What happened?!!, I was just in the cafe with Sam, Nick, and Rosa. Maybe I could call out to her.

I tried speaking but my throat felt raspy and dry, It hurt to speak but I tried to "Rosa!!!", I called out a couple of times but no one answered. What's really going on??, where's Alex?!, is he okay?, why do I have a bad feeling about all this.

The sound of footsteps approaching made me even more troubled, oh my god!!, I hope it's Rosa, I never imagined ever being blindfolded and tied down. The person stopped right in front of me and loosened the rope on my legs. I wanted to get up and see who it was, before I  could even think further I was yanked up by a firm hand; okay this definitely wasn't Rosa. The man pulled me up and started to drag me away, I wanted to ask so many questions but I was scared shitless to even speak. He was walking at a fast pace that I couldn't keep up with so I fell a couple of times but the man didn't care he just dragged me along. We went down a flight of stairs and I realised we were outside due to the warmth of the sun and fresh air that instantly surrounded me.

We walked a while before the man stopped, I heard the opening of a car and before I understood what was happening I was hauled and thrown into the back of a truck. I landed hard causing the cut on my arm to hurt more. I curled into a ball and began to cry hard, So many questions were going through my head, if I really was getting kidnapped then am better off dead because my Aunt would never pay a single dime of her money to save me. I cried harder when I thought of Alex, what would become of him when I die. I tried hard to remember what really happened but nothing came up only that my head began to hurt.

I was a little calmer by the time the truck came to a halt. I waited a while my heart racing a million beats per second before someone opened the back door and pulled me out placing me on my feet. I heard noises around me but there weren't audible enough, I could pick out some words but they didn't make any sense. The person pulled me to start walking, although my eyes were covered I could feel us climbing a staircase then pass through a door.

After a while of walking, the person stopped I heard him saying something but all I could pick out were "girl" "last" "mistake". Maybe kidnapping me was a mistake and I would be let go soon. I felt hopeful again, I could feel the man handing me to someone, the person's grip wasn't as hard as the former. The new person led me down a flight of stairs, he didn't pull me hard and let me walk at my own pace. I heard the sound of metal creaking, he walked me towards the sound and began loosening the rope on my hands and then he took off my blind fold. When the blind fold was removed I began to scan the surrounding, I was shocked to find us in a cell with a little bulb in the ceiling as the only source of light. I looked at the man who brought me here but he was already staring back at me with a curious look on his face. He took a step towards me and I took two steps back.