Chapter 18

Alessio's POV

"Sit!" I ordered, she paused in her tracks and stared at me,

"Do you ne-need anything else Sir?" she stuttered,

"Nothing really, I just need you to answer a few questions." I stated and observed as she physically relaxed at my answer.

"You're penny, right?!" I asked although I knew that wasn't her name but I remembered Antonio calling her that.

"No sir, I'm Ashley" she replied quietly with her head bowed.

"How old are you?" I asked, she looked young and that made me wonder if she was here willingly or for other reasons.

"Nineteen" she answered still refusing to make eye contact.

"And your parents?" I questioned further, I watched as she lifted her head and stared at me like she didn't expect me to ask that question.

She stared straight at me this time, "they're dead." she answered.

She stared at me trying to see my reaction but I didn't show any instead I picked up my steaming coffee and took a sip.

She cleared her throat after a few minutes, I hadn't spoken a word after my last question neither had she, I knew she wanted to leave but I had one last question.

"Why are you here? " I questioned, she didn't seem like the others I've met here, most of them were too wild and slutty. Although some of them came here shy and quiet they changed after a while.

"I don't understand" she replied confused,

I rolled my eyes irritated, "Are you serious?, what don't you understand?"

"You told me to sit a few minutes ago" she stated raising an eyebrow.

I sighed and repeated my question; something I hate doing, "why are you here in the mansion?"

Her lips formed an '0' once she understood my question, Although I wouldn't tell, she looked really beautiful not in the 'sexy or hot way' but the innocent and cute way.

She stared at me weirdly and for a moment I thought I said that out loud,

"I-i" she started, "I was brought here because of my friendship with Rosa......, I meant Madame Rosalind Antoine."

Her eyes teared up as she spoke, I wanted to question her further but I couldn't believe Antonio found Rosa and didn't inform me about it, Was that what he wanted to discuss last night?!

A knock sounded on the door and I ordered whoever it was to come in, Ashley stood there in silence with her head lowered.

"Sir Alessio " Marcello greeted as he entered the room.

I gave a curt nod in reply,

"Sir Antonio wants to see you in his office, your mother and sister are already there." he stated,

I sighed and nodded, my discussion with Ashley would have to wait,