Chapter 35

Another month gone like the wind, I put my hair in its usual ponytail and walked out of my room. I was informed last night that I didn't have to prepare breakfast today, I was to thoroughly clean the house and make sure it was spotless from top to bottom.

There was going to be a party tonight more like a gathering but I wasn't informed, I only heard it from some guards who were talking about it so I was probably not needed there.

I did as I was told, I swept, washed,dusted and mopped from morning till 3pm. My hands were aching and I could barely lift them up.

I thought I was done but the head maid asked me to water the garden as my last chore. I wanted to argue because the other maids were just waltzing around doing nothing but I knew it would only get me into more trouble.

I went to the garden and quickly watered the flowers before going to my room. I didn't even report back to the head maid because she'd probably just add more chores.

I spent the rest of the evening locked up in my room. At around 7pm, I could hear noises and loud chattering, the party had commenced and it seemed like they were having a good time.

I didn't feel left out though, I would rather be here than down there with all those people. I drowned out their voices and focused on the book I was reading, I found it laying around but it seemed like an interesting novel so I borrowed it.

I suddenly heard the sound of footsteps, it was light and could go unheard but I've stayed here long enough to notice the slightest creak because I always had to stay alert for my safety.

I quickly moved to the door to ensure it was securely locked. The footsteps sounded more clearer now, someone was definitely outside. I could hear the sound of shuffling in the other room, I didn't care though, as long as I'm not involved I'd rather stay inside where it's safe.

I returned to my bed but my mind kept pondering on the identity of whoever it was, I was curious and I couldn't help it so I went back to the door and unlocked it quietly. My brain was telling me  to go back but I was persistent on knowing who was there.

I opened the door slightly and peeked through the gap, I could see the figure of a person standing by the corner, I tried to get a clearer view but I couldn't. I opened the door a bit farther and his face came into view, a very familiar face. He was talking to someone on the phone so he couldn't see me but that changed when I crashed face down to the floor as the  door flew open under my weight.

I got up but soon realised a gun was pointed to my face, I immediately raised my hands up to show I wasn't in any way armed.

"I'm not armed I swear!" I stated quickly,  " It's, it's me Ashley, remember, I was at the mansion, Rosa's friend or ex- friend."

He slowly recoiled the gun, he stared at me suspiciously though.

"You're Gio right?!, As in Giovanni, you were-"

"I know you, just didn't think you were still alive." He stated cutting me off.

"Yeah me too." I replied truthfully,

"Only you?"he asked looking around.

"Yea, for some reason he agreed to keep me alive." I replied,

"Agreed?" He asked confused,

"It's a long story." I replied,

"Well I don't have that time." He replied and was about to leave but I held him back,

"Let me come with you please, I can't stand this place." I begged,

"I can't take you with me, it's too risky" he stated and pushed me aside.

"Or maybe you're just like Andre, working for these people." I replied angrily,

" I'm only following orders so I don't expect you to understand." He stated and I wanted question him more but we heard the sound of footsteps, some one else was coming up.

"Shit" he mumbled, "Follow my lead" he stated and before I could process his words, he smashed his lips on mine.

I paused, too shocked to process what was happening, just then Sir Lorenzo walked in and he didn't looked impressed at all.

Oh no, no, no, no!, Out of everyone to find us, why him?!

He cleared his throat, and Giovanni stopped, I felt really grateful for that though.

"Can......I help......you?" Giovanni asked feigning a drunken state.

"This floor is out of bounds sir, the party is down stairs." He replied sharply,

"Well, I guess this ends our adventure baby. See you next time, Stay Alive." He said directly to me and mumbled the last part so only I could hear.

He stumbled past us, and walked away. I sighed as he got away safely and quickly walked into my room but before I could shut the Lorenzo pushed it and came in. He shut the door himself and put the key in his Pocket.

"So this is how you play it?, You pretend to be an innocent little angel in front of everyone but when no one's watching you become a whore." He stated with a smirk,

I tried to come up with something but I couldn't, I could just tell him the truth but that could implicate Gio.

"That wasn't meant to happen." I mumbled quietly,

"What?, Me finding out?!, You little bitch." He taunted,

I immediately shook my head, "that wasn't what I meant."

"Oh really." he said walking towards me.

I backed up till I had no space to move, my room was quite small so there really wasn't a lot of space to hide away from him.

He reached out and pulled me by my hair, "You know what, I'll help you, I'm that generous."

And with that he threw me on my bed and got on top of me, I knew what was coming but I refused to believe it. I prayed for a miracle, something, anything that could wake me up from this night mare but it never came.

I tried to fight him off but it only made him angrier. With no one to help me and no strength to continue, I passed out, wondering for the millionth time why this was happening to me.

____________________________________

🥰😍😋🎶🌠🥺💜