Chapter 14

Ashley's POV

"Here" Lilian said handing me a few dollars, "you'll need it unless you decide to have cereal the whole day."

"Uh..... Thanks?!" I said taking the cash "but where would I spend it if we're not allowed to leave." I asked confused.

"There's a small stall behind the apartment, I could show you if you want" she said, she was dressed and ready to leave, I didn't want to delay her so I refused.

"It's okay, I'll just ask around I wouldn't want you to miss the bus." I replied giving her a smile, I hope that hid how nervous I was of talking to anyone here after the way 'Barbie' treated me.

"Are you sure?, I still got 5 minutes before the buses are here."

"No it's okay, you should go, remember you told me how irritated the drivers can get if anyone's late" I replied waving her off.

"Okay bye!, I'll see you when I get back." she waved," you should probably go back to bed, it's just a minute to 6:00am"

I knew she felt bad waking me so early but little did she know it wasn't new to me.

"I will" I replied, she smiled then waved at me and left.

I stuffed the dollar bills into my pocket and went back into my room. I didn't feel sleepy but I  had nothing to do either, I just laid in bed and stared at the ceiling. A lot of thought came rushing into my idle mind, but the first was Alex. I miss him a lot, I wonder if they already went to get him.

My life was just getting better, I was planning to get Alex and I a place of our own with my salary and I didn't even get to go on my first date with Nick, he would probably move on and be happy.

I stayed in bed staring at the ceiling for hours, I only got up when I heard a knock on the door,

Lilian said she'll be back in the evening so who could it be?,

There wasn't a peep hole so I couldn't see the person at other side, I opened the door slowly and stared curiously at the man standing there, it was the man from Antonio's office.

"Good morning", I greeted  nervously twiddling my thumbs.

He nodded and pushed pass me into the apartment, I wasn't really affected by his action, what did I expect?!

"You have 5 minutes to explain to your brother the reason he's been transferred to a boarding school" he said then handed me a strange looking cell phone, "you'll say nothing about the kidnapping, the Mafia family or Miss Antoine"

Miss Antoine?!

Who is that?, I remember hearing that name but wh- , of course!, Rosalind Acesa Antoine !!

I wasn't suppose to involve Rosa so what would I say, we were together that night and even Alex knows that.

"Go on, I don't have all day." he ordered

I immediately dialed Alex's number, it rang twice before he picked,

"Hello?!"

"Alex, Alex it's m-"

"Ashley!!, oh my god!, Ashley where the hell are you?!, do you know how scared I was?!, nobody knows where you and Rosa went, Sam and Nick are also  very worried, the police found Rosa's roommate; Chelsea dead, she's dead!!,  you and Rosa are missing and they're some guys here to take me away saying you sent them. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?" he yelled, his voice was etched with fear and worry.

"Alex calm down." I said calmly, I didn't want him to know I was scared as well.

"Just explain what's going on, I being forced to pack my stuff and aunt doesn't even care, she's just here watching them take me away." he said, I wanted to cry at how scared he sounded.

"Alex listen to me, they're not going to hurt you, just do what they say, yes I sent them. They're going to take you to a new school although it's a boarding school." I said,

"What the fuck?!" now he's mad. "I don't want to change school, why would you do that?!"

"I'm sorry Alex but that's what's best, please go with them. The thing is I got a new job, one that could pay all our bills, we won't have to depend on aunt ever again." I replied

He went silent for a while, the man pointed at his watch and I knew my time was almost up,

"But why do I need to change school?" he whined, 

"because I can't leave you alone with aunt, you know how she is." I replied

"How did you even get this job, whatever it is?" he asked suspiciously.

"It was a.........., a-a golden opportunity, one I couldn't let pass, look I can't explain it all but once you're settled in school and me here I promise to call and explain it better." I said,

"I guess......, but you must explain everything and........why aren't you freaking out about Chelsea's death, I mean everyone thought the killer kidnapped you and Rosa." He asked, 

"No-no, I'm totally shocked, she left an hour before I did, we didn't see her, I didn't even know that she was killed till now." I lied,

He sighed and spoke again, "is Rosa with you?"

I didn't know what to say, this guy said not to involve her. "Uh....., Alex let's talk another time, I have to go back to.....work, I'll call you when you start your new school, I love you, take care."

"Take care too Ash, love you, bye." He said then I ended the call and gave the phone back to the man. Tears were Clouding my vision, oh........, this can't be happening to me.

"The boss said to tell you to be ready cause tomorrow you'll start working, you'll take the bus with the maids in the morning and report to Leila when you get to the mansion." the man whose name I still didn't know said.

Now that lifted my mood!

I nodded and he left, I felt kinda hopeful because if I was going with the maids maybe I'll also get to be one.

I wanted to do happy dance and jump around but it was probably silly that I was so happy to be a maid,

But damn it's better than stripping and being a dancer for horny men.

______________________________

shooooort,  I know!!

Pardon me 😊😊

Show me a bit of love though 💜

Pls vote and comment, also share and add to your library.

Thanks for trying this out anyway,

Y💖O💜T💝T💚Y

STAY SAFE OUT THERE 😘😘