Chapter 38

Ashley

I woke up to total darkness, my mind was fuzzy but I knew I definitely didn't tuck myself in bed.

I sat up and glanced around the room, it was quite dark but it didn't take me long to realize I was in Lorenzo's room. I've been here too many times to forget the faint smell of his cologne mixed with whiskey.

"Oh shit!" I mumbled and got up immediately,

What was I doing here?!,
How did I even get here?!

"And where do you think you are going?!"

Fear gripped my bones at the sound of his voice, what was he doing sitting in the dark?,

Suddenly light burst into the room and there he was sitting at the corner with a drink in his hand.

I stared at him dumbfounded, I didn't know what to say because I didn't know how I even got here in the first place.

He stood up and I took a step back, I thought he was coming towards me but instead he walked past me to his mini bar and refilled his glass.

"So wanna tell me why you were passed out on the floor?!"

"I don't know" I lied, "maybe I was just stressed."

"Stressed" he mumbled nodding his head slowly,

I knew there was a chance he already knew I was pregnant but I decided to play along anyway.

"So you definitely don't own that right?!" He asked pointing to his table.

I stared at it as all my hope gushed out, my test kit was sitted ever so majestic on his table.

I knew I wouldn't be able to hide it for long but I thought I could at least have some time to think on my next actions but right now it was clear I never had a choice from the beginning.

If only I didn't pass out when I did, why was I so weak?!, I could have covered this up but now it's too late there's no use in lying or delaying the inevitable.

"I believe I asked you a question Ashley?!" He stated,

"I.., I..-"

"You'll get ready for an abortion."  He stated cutting my rambling.

My heart sunk at his words but I didn't know which was better, aborting the baby or allowing it to be born in to this situation.

Tears filled my eyes at the thought of never even seeing my baby, I might hate the father but it was still my baby. I would never know if it was a girl or a boy, would it look like me or him?, What kind of person would it turn out to be?.

I didn't even notice Lorenzo walking up to me till he was right in front of me, he put his hand on my face and I noticed a softness in eyes that I had never seen before. I was scared but for some reason I didn't pull away.

"This is the right thing for it, believe me." He said so quietly and then moved to kiss me on my forehead.

I was stunned, beyond stunned. It felt like we just had a moment, like he just let down his guard and showed me a part of him most people don't get to see.

A loud and seemingly hurried knock on his door made him move away instantly, suddenly a wounded man rushed in with blood dripping from a gun shot wound on his leg.

I gasped at the sight but Lorenzo immediately lunged for his table and took out two guns.

"We're under attack sir, they're almost at the mansion. We've been trying to stop them from the borders but they're unrelenting." He stated gasping for air,

"Where's my father?!" Lorenzo asked as he tucked one gun in his pants and held onto the other.

"He's been taken down to the carpark, they're taking him north to the safe house."

Just then they was a loud bang and everything came crashing, series of shots could be heard being exchanged.

I crouched down in fear but Lorenzo immediately pulled me up and headed for the door. We ran together for the elevator and as soon as we got down the shots could be heard more clearer now, I almost puked at the smell of blood that immediately engulfed me.

Lorenzo led me away from the scene to a part of the mansion I had never seen. We entered another elevator again and I realised we were going to the basement of the building.

As soon as we got out a gun was pointed at both our heads and I immediately froze, Lorenzo on the other hand didn't look so alarmed. I immediately raised my hand to show I had no weapon.

"Please" I begged but just then  Lorenzo knocked away the gun pointed to him and maneuvered it to shoot the other person and then shot the first person.

I immediately crouched down to avoid any stray bullets and crawled to a corner behind a Jeep. The sound of the gunshots must have alerted everyone around, as we heard footsteps running towards us.

"Stay here and don't come out for any reason, I'll come back." He stated and went back into the elevator.

I almost cried as I saw the elevator door close, I further folded my self into the corner as I heard more gunshots.

Suddenly I heard voices talking, I raised up my head to see but I couldn't see clearly unless I wanted to blow my cover.

"Even if you kill me, you'll never forget me. I'll come after you one way or another." I heard a particular voice shout and then he burst out laughing.

That sounded like Lorenzo's father, they must have got him. What if it was Antonio's family?, Should I go show myself maybe they'll spare me?

I thought about the idea but the more I thought the more I realised it was better to stay put. Maybe once they're gone, I could escape on my own and away from all this.

Suddenly,  series of gunshots were fired out of the blue and I couldn't help the scream that came out of my mouth.

Shit?!, I hope no one heard that .

"Take him away, you won't die so easily you bastard." I heard someone say, and then they was a bit of struggling then everything went quiet again.

That voice, I was sure now that it was definitely Alessio. Just then I heard light footsteps coming towards me, it was so light it could easily be ignored but I could see the silhouette of the  person from where I lay. I really didn't want to die like this so I closed my eyes and said a quick prayer.

"Get up"

I opened my eyes at the sound,

''Alessio...''

_______________________________

Heyyyyy😊

Hope you're enjoying my book
Please vote and leave a comment below 🙏😇