Chapter 19

Ashley's POV

I smiled politely and walked out of his room, I hated how I felt around these men; so vulnerable and fearful. I never felt relaxed whenever I was around either of them, one more than other anyway.

I walked back to kitchen to have my breakfast then I started on my other chores; cleaning the Master's room, office and library, I washed the dirty clothes and bed sheets, mopped the floors and dusted the furniture.

I rested for a while before preparing lunch, I thought Sir Alessio would have been back by now but he still wasn't here. Whatever meeting they were having must be really important if it's taking so long.

I walked back to the kitchen having nothing to do, I gazed out through the window but nothing interesting  happened as usual, I only spotted a few men patrolling the premises.

My idle mind wandered to my past life, A life I was never grateful for. I thought losing my parents and living with my crazy aunt was the worse thing that could happen to me but now it didn't seem so bad.

I miss Alex so much,

......and Nick, Is he searching for us?  or did he already move on.

As crazy as it sounds, I even miss my aunt and Amber!

And even crazier, I miss Rosa!!

I didn't realise I was crying until I felt hands on mine,

"Don't cry, it doesn't suit your pretty face." she said quietly,

I smiled as she wiped my tears with her little napkin,

"Thanks Ariel." I replied and she smiled showing her cute dimples.

"Are you sad?" she asked, I shook my head,

"I was but I'm better now." I replied,

"Okay" she said as she stuffed her napkin back into her pocket.

I wonder how she always came into the room so silently,

"Where's your mom?" I asked although I had an idea of where she could be,

"Meeting." she replied confirming my suspicion,

"Will you come play with me?" she asked hopefully,

I wanted to say no but she looked really lonely and sad, I knew Aurora was trying to protect her daughter but she definitely gave it another meaning entirely,

"Fine!, we'll play for a while but I'll have to leave before your mother gets back." I replied,

"Yay!!! " she shouted happily, she led me to her room which was a floor below, it was a breath of fresh air leaving that dull, silent floor to a livelier and more colourful one.

We passed by some maids, some gave me pitiful stares and walked away, I almost changed my mind on playing with Ariel but the girl was desperate for any type of fun. Others didn't even bat an eyelash as we walked pass them.

"This is my room." Ariel announced as she opened the door to a beautifully decorated princess themed room, it was the typical rich girly room with lot of stuffed animals, dolls, paintings and a big doll house.