CHAPTER SIX

Grandma isn't bad , she is the best to me ,none was as sweet as my grandma and I love her but they are days she decides to pull my leg today just like today . I can't help but wonder what the secret was .

"Don't be scared my baby , your father did it for the best of every one , you father had a best Friend who has travelled to Africa  now , do you remember him ." nodding my head to reply her, I remember my dad best friend, he left after dad died. I guess he couldn't stand not knowing his best friend was no more. They won't be able to go fishing, play football , or take each others wife out for picnic like before. We were all family I remembered he had a son then who black and very lanky. We were polite to each other but weren't close.
"Yes Grandma I remember him, he is in  Africa now right?."
"No he is back ,he came back last month with his family, they aren't leaving they want to stay here permanently ."
"Well that is good , but why all these ."
"Am getting there, so  both your Father's and  mother's made a promise to each other on a particular day they were all happy with their ties and they didn't want it to fade, so they promise to get both you and their son married when you attain the proper age ."
"What!! Grandma you can't be serious right, " everywhere was quiet now, my friend had already stop eating and mom was looking a little guilty, what did she mean by both of us married am sure she was kidding " Grandma please  tell  me this is a joke , you don't mean it right, I mean come on this is the twenty first century, things like that don't happen anymore ."but it seems my Grandma was serious .
" Muna will Grandma ever lie with something this serious" ?, baby am your Grandma so I will never wish you bad never, this was what your father wanted and your dad friend came to me last week saying he told his son already and his son agreed. He said it was painful going away but he needed to clear his head and sort out some things. He couldn't stand not seeing his beloved friend anymore so he had to leave,  I told him I was going to talk with my grand daughter, because I can't make your decision for you ."
"Grandma this is difficult, you know I don't want to get married because of what happen right, but I don't have a choice, I know I need to complete half of my deen since I was a Muslim, that is the only reason why I wanted to get married, now you are saying dad had made a dying wish , Grandma I need to think about it okay ."

   So Grandma did give poor Muna heart attack , what's your thoughts .