CHAPTER 14

Am still thinking about how grandma would react when she gets to know I accepted the proposal. She was shocked, then ecstatic, I mean really happy. The wedding is happening in a month time, what is the hurry. I wanted to enjoy spinsterhood, a little longer, and now we have to shop for wedding dress, shoes, venue and all. which is stressful as hell. If it was up to me, I would have leave everything to my parent but no!! my foolish friends won't let me have it and now here I am getting a fitting for my wedding gown. I mean don't they understand I just need a small reception. I don't even see the need for reception when we are doing the wedding at the mosque just like religion said it was going to be. okay so I'm doing both nikkah and walima together. unbelievable, all the relative in African I haven't even seen since I was a baby were given invitations, courtesy my Grandma, who else .
" aren't we done yet? ouch that is painful be careful. "glaring at the Lady doing the fitting, I just wish she can do whatever it is she is doing, so I can move out of here. I may be a fashionista but I hate this part of fashion.
" Priscilla I'm really tired, can we go home now? we have been shopping for two hours now I hope you realize that."  I am tired and my hand is full of bag if different colours. I can't even remember half of what was bought.
" Muna you do realize, you get married only once right, so you make the most out of it baby. Don't be so boring."
" my wedding right, so I can't see what all the fussing is all about, I mean it's not necessary. Can we go home now please shalom?."
Am tired, hungry and frustrated. I can't take this anymore. What else do they want, I don't think we need anything anymore because shalom and prisci are buying the whole boutique. I even had to choose lingerie, just imagine, as if I was going to let anyone see my undies. I will just stand and admire myself in it no problem. Refusing to move any longer, I sat on the sidewalls of the shopping mall, I knew I was being watched but who cares, I'm not moving till those two witches calling themselves my friends decide we are going home.
" Muna come on, what are you doing? get down here, we still have some little things to get ." am not buying that never,  I know you guys ,but I just choose to keep my thought to myself.
" Muna do you realise you are creating a scene, come on are you a baby or teenager. You are a grown woman for God sake ."
" prisci darling, I'm a grown woman so what, who cares, I said I am tired and here you guys choose to ignore me, well am not moving away from here, till both of you decide we are going home."
" Shalom aren't you going to say anything, Muna is being childish."
" maybe we should go, we can always come back tomorrow after all you just have one more week for your wedding." what does she mean tomorrow, in her dreams. Deciding to just keep quiet after all, my wish is being granted.
" You are so lazy you know that right, I pity Kadir. He is going to know the kind of crazy wife he is getting married to ."
" whatever." who cares, Kadir can go to hell for all I care.