CHAPTER 12

Today dream has left me shaken, I often get those dreams. It has been happening since the incident and if someone said I could survive such an ordeal, I would deny it. Those children, apparently, I wasn't the only victim but the leader took some interest to me. He bares my soul to the world and I was never whole again but ' Allah said surely after hardship come ease '. So I tried harder to forget it all. I made sure mom never see me struggling, didn't want her to keep on, blaming herself. I couldn't be more grateful to the women in my life, they are indeed my pillar. Cooking will take my mind off these thought tho I was exhausted, I took out the necessary ingredients to make chicken curry and chips. The food was on fire when I heard the ringing on the doorbell. Moving toward the door I unlock it moving aside, so my guests could come in.
" afternoon to you too, is that how you behave coming to someone house uninvited." I was taking out my bad moods on them but they know me by now. I was spoiling for a fight, but the stupid girls choose to ignore me .
" Muna Im hungry, what is that wonderful aroma I'm perceiving." Since they choose to ignore, they are going to get it .
" go and cook at your house prisci, I'm sure you have what they call kitchen, you should move there and you too shalom. Don't think there is food here for both of you." the pig headed prici ignore me completely and went into my kitchen, taking some potion of food. She took it towards the table with shalom beside her. What the heck, friends can be so annoying...rolling my eyes I gave up the fight and then proceed to scoop my own portion. Sitting beside them I ate in silence.
" what's gotten into your head Muna, did your boyfriend decided he isn't coming for dinner anymore? " is she okay and he is not my boyfriend, well who cares, she should say whatever she wants.
" so you plan on giving us the silent treatment now right, Priscilla it seems we are not welcome here, let's leave." of course not, if they leave I will feel more than I am.
" I'm sorry okay, I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. I didn't mean to snap at both of you, but you actually came in at the wrong time ."
" Muna we are here for you no matter what, you know that right, and I'm never too busy for you. We promised to be here for each other. You had a bad dream right." nodding my head at her question, I was ashamed about it. I don't like talking about the incident, it was a bad experience for me .
" sweetheart sorry about that and don't be depressed cheer up. We are here to make you look beautiful so Kadir won't be able to take his eyes off you and he will be forced to say yes." laughing at her attempt to make me smile, I shake my head at her silly joke.
" are you that eager to get rid of me, sorry to disappoint both of you but I'm sticking around no matter what."
" okay let's go get you ready, go upstairs, take a shower. Let's get you ready. " standing up, I went upstairs to get ready for the evening. I was told to be me todays, so I was putting on six-piece flora skirt, a black and white chiffon shirt, black sandals, a silver scarf and a light makeup. Holding my black bag I drop it on the table   .
" so are we both going with you again today." they both understand the rules of my religion, the do's and donts, so most things I do they never complain, and I love both of them for it .
" shalom you can come along today with me, prisci will be a nuisance if she follows me." Ignoring her glare, the bell rang, bringing us out of our thoughts. I guess my date is here.
   I and shalom waited for him in the parlor, while prisci went to open the door for him. I knew she was fishing for compliments, that girl was incorrigible, but I guess some guys will react that way but not me.
" come in, I'm sure it wasn't stressful locating here."
" not at all, here Muna I brought you some flowers." what is he trying to prove, I hesitated before taking it, and the move, didn't go unnoticed by my friend .