CHAPTER 22

Scooping my chocolate caramel into a plate, with a fork in hand I decided to continue ignoring my husband since he doesn't want to tell me anything about himself.
" excuse me, you are on my way." I refused to be intimidated though the husband I'm married to is a very intimidating man.
" wow, you do realize, since we got married, that is the longest speech you have ever made." scratching my eyebrow in concentration, I tried to remember if he was right but I can't seem to concentrate with the way I was being stared at .
" well I didn't realize that." Watching him move out of the way I went towards the sitting room, taking a lemon drink along with me.
" so that is good, i don't have a problem talking about me, since we know the basics, you can ask about the questions, you are curious about."  taking a bite of my cake, I waited to savor the taste before turning to reply him.
" well for start, i know your name, likes and dislikes but I don't know your favourite food, sometimes I don't even know what I am supposed to cook for you, your occupation, the people you hang out with and I don't know much about your family ." just to be in his good book, I decided to offer him some dessert .
" you want some, it's really yummy." I waited for him to refuse but I was in for another surprise when he decided to join me, watching him take in one spoon, savor, then another. I was waiting for a feedback but it never came.
" don't you like the cake? do you dislike caramel and chocolate?" I didn't know why but I felt dejected at that moment.
" nah, I didn't know chocolate caramel can be this good." giving him one of my special smile at that comment he made.
" so does that mean you like it, I can make more for you and it will come in different flavours ."  I felt glad for once we were both acting like civilized couple and at that moment I wish everyday could be like this .
But I know better, after all, being married is not like a fairy tale, you have the choice to make your happily ever after yourself.
" okay, since we are both interested in each others then I should take the lead. " smiling at his cheesiness, I just nod my head for him to go on. " okay I love chicken curry rice and Arab sweets." Raising my brow at his choice of food, I can't help but chuckle.
" are you making fun of me woman." trying to hold in my laughter, I nod my head.
" of course not, why would I make fun of you." we both know that was a lie but we were both enjoying this atmosphere.
" okay you do know I was a pilot " why is he using past tense, I thought he is a pilot, sensing my confusion. I waited for him to elaborate on that particular sentence.
" something happened, that made me quit and I don't like talking about it because it was a bad experience." sensing the sadness in his tone, I couldn't help myself, I move closer to comfort him.
" I'm sorry about that Kadir, if it makes you feel better, I do have a skeleton in my cupboard too, I don't wanna open that part of my life again." I didn't know what prompt me to say that but I just did and something tells me this won't be the last time. Sensing Kadir's eyes on me, I put on a forced smile to assure him that I'm fine.
" you know what Muna?."
" what?." eager to hear him, I move closer. I forgot for a moment that I wasn't supposed to be intimate with him yet.
" I think we shouldn't talk about something that makes us both unhappy, let's talk about other things now. I am a shareholder at Salam bank, I have a best friend whose name is Adam, he is also a shareholder and I have two lovely sisters and that sums it all." wow! my husband is a shareholder at salam bank, what a high-profile man.

Comment are always welcome and follow for more update people