CHAPTER 17

He looks handsome like an Adonis. Tall, confident and I'm sure of his effect he had on people. He was putting on black blazer with dark blue shirt a white cufflink and a black shoe. I mean I got married to someone this handsome, I must have done something good in my last life.  Not wanting to be caught staring, I turn my face the other way.

" wow! my wife looks beautiful this evening, isn't that lovely. "
" Is he alright?, what is wrong with him, I thought he was going to show his true colour when we get married, why is he smiling".
" maybe this wasn't a bad idea after all, you can be a lovely wife."
" okay this is weird, but are you alright? nobody is around you know, you can say what is on your mind."
" what do you mean, I'm complimenting my wife. I don't think there's a law that says I shouldnt."
" well keep your compliment to yourself, okay. I know your type but  don't worry. You don't have to pretend to be an ideal husband. " Rolling my eyes off his tactics, I stood up knowing fully well that I caught him off guard. That will teach him not to mess with me".

" can we go now, there are people waiting downstairs for us."
" okay, but just know this conversation isn't over." what does he mean by that shrugging it off, I place my hand in his so we can go for the occasion .
" it looks beautiful, wow! And lovely." the venue was huge and wide with chandelier, chairs, tables, curtains and all. It was wonderful truly.

  " am glad you like that at least, I was among the people who chose the venue." what!! Is this guy serious right now, why would he choose a venue, maybe he ran out of job, ignoring him completely? We sat down, received good wishes from parents, relatives and friends.  The ceremony came to an end, I was hugged by a crying grandma, mom and finally my two friends.
Im going to miss you Muna you know, without your childish tantrum. The boutique won't be the same. Be a good girl and come back faster okay"
" okay mom I will miss you. You need to relax I'm just using one-week holiday, why are you acting as if it's one month. Love you both and be good girls while I'm gone ." giving both a hug I entered into the waiting car.