Chapter 1

The inside of the ship would be real life hell if it wasn't for the air conditioning, the girl thought as she was walking down the corridor to enter her cabin. Two minutes ago the captain had announced that they were about to arrive at their destination and she had to find her brother.

"Are you looking for James?" The girl turned back to face the person who had addressed her.

"Well... Technically yeah. I'm looking for him." She replied taking a serious expression "The captain just said that we are about to arrive so I think that it's a really good time I let him know. He disappeared all of a sudden you see..."

The boy leaned back and started laughing "And what's so funny?" The boy tried to calm himself down and wiped his tears off his face. "Let me get this straight to you I don't like being laughed at so you better shut your mouth. Unless you want to tell me if you have seen my brother..."

"Oh oh alright sorry... I haven't seen him but if you put your pretty mind into some thought you'll probably understand what is going on with your brother." He started leaving murmuring something behind his teeth.

The girl looked at his silhouette fading away and rolled her eyes. Of course she knew what was her brother doing. And she wouldn't blame him. He was in a cruise surrounded by lots of girls for almost a week since they departed and it was summer. Everyone would know what that meant... The thing that annoyed her was the fact that everyone was treating her like a three year old child.

She reached her cabin. The door was open and James was lying onto his bed staring at the ceiling. He was either really absorbed on what he was thinking or the heat combined with all the trip had really tired him. As soon as he heard her he waved her to come and shit down.

"Come..."

She stepped closer to her brother and shut on his bed taking a closer look to him. He ran his fingers through his long curly hair and smiled at her.

"Thank you for allowing me to come" he said "I know that you wanted to be alone and that dad made you really upset when he said that you're not capable to live on your own not even for a month... So thanks for letting me accompany you I'll try to behave."

She raised her glance to the ceiling and laughed. "Yeah sure... You'll behave..." She looked at him with a tricky look. "As soon as the parties will start you're going to forget about this" and she winked at him knowing that he had perfectly understood what she was meaning.

"Look the thing is that no matter what I'm here first of all to protect you even though you don't want to. So I want you to know that whatever happens you can tell me"

James was serious, something in his expression made you think that something had happened in the past. Or maybe is still happening. The girl looked at her brother. She knew exactly what was going on on his mind.

"James" she pronounced his name like an order "You have to know that you have to stay away from this shit. I really appreciate your will to take care of me BUT if anything happens I'm not going to cover it up."

"I'll stay as far as possible don't worry"

~~~

It hasn't been a minute since they set foot on the coast when a boy ran towards them. He was tall with beautiful blue eyes and slick blonde hair. The girl waved at him full of excitement.

"Hey maaaan, how are you??" James said while they were finishing their one minute long handshake. The boy pulled back smiling at the siblings "Fine..." There was something behind his smile but no one noticed it as he immediately added "And now that you two are here I'm going to be better that ever."

The girl fall into his arms hugging him tight "I can't believe that we finally see you in person. The last time we met was two years ago."

"Come on girl let him take a breath" James' voice was sounded behind her back and she immediately pulled back smiling at the blondie.

"Alright guys follow me now I have to take you to our house first. Captain's orders" he said joking "Oh and something more, there is this huge party tonight which everyone is expecting and I know that you just arrived but you should come. Everyone is going to be there!"

"Yeah like we know everyone and if we don't come they're going to miss us, come on Rafe..." The girl replied sarcastically to his invitation. Neither she nor James had come to outer banks since 6 years ago and even though they used to spend lots of time there they were hanging out just with the Camerons.

Rafe looked down at her and then he raised his glance again to face James who was laughing at his sister's comment. "Don't worry man I'll come, she's just to young for that kind of fun"

"You didn't..." She yelled "I'm. Not. Too young. To go. To parties." As she was saying that she was hitting her brother with her bag "Rafe, count me in!"

James winked at Rafe and they started walking down the street.