Chapter 9

She looked at the one side and saw James, Rafe, Kelce and that idiot Topper. She turned her head to look in front of her where the entrance was. She saw JJ looking at her awestruck.

Sophie let out a scream from joy and laughed. She swam towards the walls of the pool and got out of the water. She had jumped with her clothes as a result she came out with her clothes stuck on her body dripping.

She moved towards Topper. "Well thanks for that Topper. You just gave me an idea on how I will jump from now on into my pool." She looked around "Now if you'll excuse me I have to retire to my apartments in order to change in something not so wet. Thank you!" She made a little bow and left smiling leaving on her yard only the boys.

JJ was observing the scene calm. His enemies may were his enemies but he had to admit that they knew how to have fun. Well at least only this enemy.

"Well well well, look who's here" Rafe's calm voice sounded taking him by surprise. If he was waiting for someone to be calm around him that someone was definitely not Rafe. "I was actually hoping to see your friend, Heyward..."

"Yeah, to beat the shit out of him for once again?" As soon as he understood what he had said he wanted to disappear from the face of earth. The last thing he wanted was getting to a fight and making Pope feel guilty for not letting him take his place.

"Pope, before you say anything stupid. I'll be the one who goes to Ward. You're going elsewhere. I don't want you to get into troubles again. I can handle them better."

JJ had stopped Pope on his tracks just to make sure that he would listen to him and would  agree without any objections. Pope shook his head in agreement and tapped JJ on his shoulder.

James, who had followed Sophie inside came out looking JJ aggressively. "Rafe, come on dude, that wasn't a surprise" he said leaving a hidden message behind his words.

"What are you doing here Maybank?" Kelce stood up and started approaching JJ who was stepping backwards trying to prevent himself from attacking him.

"Just delivering your order sirs" he said lifting his hands in surrender. Ironic. The guys he had once called Powerpuff girls were now called sirs. Of course for fun but deep down he knew he had started losing his old self.

"Yeah sure..." James was almost a step away from him. "Did you come here for my sister? You piece of shit!"

Everyone fell into silence. Kelce widened his eyes. Rafe clicked his tongue in disapproval. Topper sat back more comfortably on his chair observing the scene. As for JJ he was trying to understand if he was right or not.

"Just because you ruined Sarah's life that doesn't mean that you can do the same with my sister!" James said at him and for once in his life thanked God for having a house in the middle of nowhere were no one could hear him. "You think I didn't see you checking her out when she was about to jump?" He continued

"What the fuck are you saying man? Like I don't have more important things to do..." JJ laughed at James. He wasn't checking her out. He just saw her on the top of her house ready to jump. Everyone was looking at her.

"Listen here man if you and your shitty friends do anything to my sister I'll make sure that you'll..."

He hadn't managed to finish his sentence when he heard the sound of bottles breaking. The next thing he know was lying on the ground with JJ on top of him punching him on his face. James tried to move but he was surrounded by broken glasses. Topper and Kelce came to his help lifting JJ on the air and sticking him on a tree's trunk.

Rafe was standing away denying getting into a fight like this. They did not know if it was because he thought the kind of the fight unnecessary or because something else had happened.

James stood up and ran towards the tree were JJ was fighting to get away from the two guys. He grabbed the collar of his shirt and shoved him against the tree trunk. His one hand was on his neck the other one lifting on a fist ready to punch him in his face. Kelce, Topper and Rafe had magically disappeared making it way easier for James to continue hitting him. JJ was trying to free himself from James' grip but that was almost impossible. He tried to kick him. He succeeded managing to take a breath. But James recovered quite quickly from the kick and got back into the fight. He felt JJ's rings scratching his face but right after he got the upper hand.

"What the fuck are you doing James!" Both boys were so absorbed to their fight that hadn't noticed Sophie walking out of the house and moving closer to them. But even when they heard her they didn't paid much attention to her.

"Guys for God's sake stop!" She shouted starting running at them. They wouldn't stop.

James was ready to land his fist onto JJ's face when someone held his hand back. He turned just to see his sister staring at him angrily.

"Let go of him NOW!"

"Sophie! He is the one to blame for Sarah! How many times do I have to explain it to you??" He shouted at her not realising JJ throat.

"I don't care! He might be a pogue but he's a human being! And everyone has the right to live!! You're gonna kill him stop!!" She was begging and tears had started appearing on her eyes.

James did not seem willing to follow her order to stop. He released his hand from her wrist and punched JJ's face earning one back.

"I'm calling dad!" Sophie said and put out her phone and dialed one number. "Hi dad! Yes I'm fine! No... I'm calling you for James actually." James froze and immediately let JJ lying on the ground without him being on top of him beating the shit out of him. "Dad wants to speak to you" she said handing him her phone.

James started walking to enter the house leaving the two teens alone. JJ was slowly trying to get up and Sophie was standing above him watching him until she decided to offer him a hand of help which he eventually accepted.

"I'm terribly sorry!" She said looking at the boy bleeding face. "I wish I had come out earlier so I could prevent this from happening..."

"I could've handled it" he said dryly.

"Umm, I think the words you're trying to say are: it's okay and thank you" she replied right away.

"Thank you for what exactly? I just said that I could've handled it."

She shook her head in denial "Sorry to break it to you big guy but you couldn't... He could've killed you. I'm even surprised that you're still alive." She wasn't lying. She was actually being completely honest.

"Hey do you want any help with the injuries?" But instead of earning an answer JJ just turned his back against her and started leaving.