Chapter 45

"Apparently Ward did something right in his life and decided to add a security system with not only cameras but microphones as well." Pope said to the pogues when they were sitting on their own on the cool sand.

"It must have cost him a fortune!" JJ said and he lied on his back facing the sky.

"And now it's going to cost his freedom." Kiara added making the two boys grin.

It was night. Their mission for today had ended. Pope had cracked the code and had entered the security system. JJ and Kiara had watched out for anyone coming -no one came. Sophie had stayed behind. She has to find a dress and then the only way Rose was going to leave her alone was by telling her that she would stay for a movie. All they could do now was sitting there and wait for tomorrow. The Midsummers...

Pope was going to be there always helping Heyward. Kiara was of course invited - to her disappointment. JJ didn't want to go, last time he had went he was responsible for all the troubles caused. They were following him everywhere he was going.

"What are you going to do with Sophie?" Kiara suddenly asked. "This soon to be over so, what are you going to do?"

He let out a sigh. He didn't know. How could he know? Nothing had happened between them, it was just areally good friendship problematic at both ends. He wanted someone to fill John B's absence and she wanted someone to spend her summer with because everyone else was not willing to do so. And at eachother they had found someone that could use in order to achieve what they wanted. She to set her cousin free and bring Sarah back. He and the pogues to bring John B and Sarah back and also prove their innocence. 

"I don't know..." He replied eventually.

"Look who's talking. One year ago you were addressing yourself as the god of relationships." Pope said and the two friends laughed.

"Just talk to her. Inthe worst case scenario she'll say that she doesn't like you back."

"And even then don't lose hope she may come back later with a changed mind" Pope continued his girlfriend's words talking from personal experience.

Kiara smiled along with Pope. They looked at JJ who was still staring at the sky. " What are we going to do when John B and Sarah are back? Are we going to keep living lole nothing happened?"

They exchanged a glance. They hadn't thought about that. They were under the impression that when the time would come they'd know what to do.

"I guess it's going to be a story that we will say to our grandchildren one day while sitting on our stuffed armchair during cold winter nights." Kiara said and they laughed.

"Even the thought of marriage seems far away from now!" JJ protested

~~

Sophie entered Wheezie's room with a bag full of little croissants.

"Good morning!" She smiled and moved inside. Her cousin stood up from her bed and before she had managed to enter she pulled her from the hand and exited the room.

"Dad! Can we go to dress up in Sarah's?"

Ward was just exiting his office when he came across the two girls and the will of his daughter. "Good morning to you too, Wheez. Welcome Sophie" he smiled at the girl and Sophie felt her cheeks reddening from shame. This was her uncle. How was she going to put him into jail.

"Hello uncle"

"So! Can we go?" Wheezie asked eifh anticipation. Wards hesitated for a moment but then took out of his pocket the key and gave it to his daughter.

"Have fun. I hope you feel like Sarah is still with you." He said with a bittersweet expression and he left.

Was that regret on his face? Had he began to realize what had he done?

The two girls entered the room. Everything was so different from the last time Sophie had visited them. The bed had been removed, a new desk was bought and the beautiful library with fairytales that Sophie and the girls used to love when they were young had been thrown away apparently.

"So let me tell you about the someone I'm going to bring with. She's called Natalie but we're calling him Nat and she's my girlfriend from six months!" Wheezie said and smiled widely at her cousin who had sat on Sarah's bed and was eating ine of the croissants.

"That's wonderful! I'm glad that I'll get to meet her!" She smiled approvingly at her cousin and she let out a breath of relief having understood that she wasn't going to judge her.

"Rose told me that you came here looking for a dress. Did you find one?" She shook her head negatively.

"I didn't find a dress but! I did find something to wear." And she winked. She took out of her bag a pair of wide pants that were looking more like a skirt rather than pants. They had small flowers printed on them in different colours while the whole design was crimson red.

"Wow... I never knew that mum had a good sense of style!" Wheezie said surprised. "Are you going to let me do your make up? I've seen some amazing tutorials on YouTube!"

Sophie smirked and nodded. "But be careful! I don't want you to make me look like I'm trying too much!" She said and the girl nodded, after all she wasn't planning to do that.