Chapter 13

Sophie was still on Heywards house trying to convince him to take her money. "Look I'm not here out of sympathy. I'm here trying to make things up and complete the whole sale."

Heyward looked at the money she was handing to him. There were more than they should be. "If I accept these it's going to be considered as stealing from you."

She looked at the money. Not that she was trying to prove something but this amount of money wasn't a big deal for her. So she didn't back off. She just tried to make them accept these without making her sound filthy rich.

"I don't know about that but I think you should accept them. At first the damage was big -as it's concerned the beers. Secondly there was a huge order. Thirdly the vodka mixed with lemonade was a complete dream! And lastly, but most importantly JJ was terribly beaten. So in conclusion I think you should accept them."

The man shook his head and took the money. Sophie stood up preparing to go when his voice stopped her. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

She stopped for a minute. If there was something that she really wanted that was learning about what that old lady had said about Ward and what he had said about JJ. But she preferred to stay silent on these matters. She was going to discover it by herself. "Well could you please pour me a vodka, mixed with lemonade?" She smiled shyly

Heyward was taken back by her desire. "It's 10 o' clock in the morning, are you sure?"

Sophie laughed "Don't worry I can't get drunk. I drink my drinks really slowly... And also I'm always up for a good drink like it. Where do you get it from anyway?" And yes that was it she was starting small talk over a vodka.

"Well since you like it so much..." He said and took a paper cup filling it with the drink. "And to answer to your question, we don't get it from somewhere. Well of course we don't make the vodka, but my wife makes the lemonade and then we just make the correct analogy."

"No way! Did you just said homemade lemonade? Okay that's it. Consider me a usual client from now on."

Heyward smiled at her and gave her the drink. "Thank you!"

Sophie smiled back as she was exiting the house. She had no idea for what he was thanking her for so she just waved goodbye and left.

She decided going to the beach. Not the to crowded one. No she hated it in there. She was going at a secret beach. Well okay not so secret but that's what her grandmother used to call the place our secret beach she used to say. But then she got sick and she stopped taking her anymore. If Sophie wanted to do something for her grandmother that was taking her there. Where she used to take her when she was younger. All those years ago.

~~

JJ was lying on his surfboard in the middle of the sea mostly enjoying the sun warming his body and the light water slithering on the board.

He was calm. He felt like everything that troubled him was taken away within the sea water.  A sudden breeze came making him open his eyes and realizing that after some seconds the waves would make their appearance.

He turned around on the surfboard so his lap could feel the material the board was made of. Using his hands as paddles he turned to look at the waves coming when he caught with his eyes a girl watching him from the coast. She smirked and he turned his back to her to catch up with the upcoming waves.

Sophie was observing him from the coast as he was riding the waves with his surfboard. She had never seen something like this in her life. The only taste of surfing she had was from Barbie's movies. It must feel pretty awesome riding the waves like this. But she couldn't tell.

The boy started doing tricks with his surfboard and a smiled spread all over his face. He hadn't surf for a long time since there were no waves due to the lack of wind.

It was like water was his element. Sophie for a moment thought that he could controll the waves and that he was leading them. Like an Avatar or something. But she decided to stop daydreaming.

After a while the wind fall. There were no waves anymore, just small ones only capable of touching the golden sun and the return to their world.

JJ swam till his feet could touch the sand in the sea. He shook his head trying to get rid of the water in his hair. He ran his fingers through them and then pushed them back.

He looked at the girl for a second. He didn't want to act so harsh on her or anyone. But if you consider it she was the one who had caused the whole scene. If she hadn't jump from that roof. "You were staring... I find it really impolite" he said

"Well yes I was staring. But believe me you would have done the same. It's not on you, it's more like, I've never seen anyone surfing before." He looked at her confused but he immediately realised that she wasn't from outer banks.

"Are you drinking? Again?" He asked surprised as his eyes fell onto the cup she was holding.

"Heyyy, you've only seen me three times and I was drinking just the two of them..." she smiled and kinda hit him on the shoulder on a friendly way.

"So why do you came here? Your house is like at the other end of the town." The boy asked

"Well, I had some business to take care of. But I'll get to that some other time." He looked at her curious, what kind of business could a girl on that age had?

"And what exactly are you doing here?"

"Seriously? Like what a normal person would do at the sea?" She rolled her eyes

"Well I don't see a swimsuit anywhere soooo. I had to ask..." He replied laughing.

"First of all take your eyes off my clothes" she laughed with his comment "and secondly I just came to walk. But you know I found company.." she made a grin with her face

"No worries, I'm leaving" JJ started walking away from her and then in the middle of the way he stopped just to look at Sophie who had crossed her arms on her chest and was nodding disappointed.