Chapter 19

"We're not using her." JJ said as he jumped into Heyward's boat.

If it was on their hand this boat would have disappeared too after John B's missing, along with his boat and van. But since it was Pope's father they had no right even talk about it. And to be honest they needed it too.

"Good morning to you too JJ." Kiara replied "And just to be clear. We never used the verb use. We just said that it would be good to have her on our side." She reminded JJ.

"Any other idea of how we're going to learn about what the cops are up to?" Pope said from behind. His look was not surprised he looked like he was completely expecting JJ to say something like that.

"Well there's only one way to get clues."

"I hope you know the difference between steal and get."

JJ looked at his friend "Why? Is there a difference?" He tapped him on the back. "Now come on we have to make a plan."

"Wait! Not here. Let's just move on a little bit."

The boys turned to look at Kiara. She was right near the shore someone could hear them so they decided to drive the boat somewhere safer. Leaving her on the front they moved to the boat's steering wheel.

"What happened? Do you like her?"

JJ smirked "No dude, I mean yes she's hot but that's it. And I mean it. But you know, she doesn't know anyone here and she doesn't have any friends. We can't just use her and then leave her." He wasn't lying.

"It can't be just that..."

"Look she wants to know what happened. I told her to come and meet us but she didn't want to. She thinks we're the ones to blame for Sarah's missing. But she believed me when I said that John B was innocent."

Pope looked at his friend trying to understand his thoughts. No matter how close they were JJ was not an easy person to read. He was pretty close to himself and tried to do the best he could do just for them to be happy and not worry about him.

Sometimes he really felt like he didn't know him at all. He knew what was going on with his father but he hadn't done anything for that. And he couldn't do anything for that. JJ wasn't even talking with him about it. Only when he had to explain how he got hurt.

JJ looked straight in front of him as he was driving the boat. He didn't like her. She was hot and he wouldn't mind kissing her or hanging out with her, but that was it. It wasn't like John B was feeling about Sarah or Pope about Kie. But he wouldn't say the same around her. He didn't even think these things when he was talking to her. But he would have kissed her last night. The fact that he didn't was probably meaning something. Right?

But he really wanted to see her again. But he needed an excuse. He couldn't just show up to her house without a reason. But what if by spending more time around her the things changed?

"She must really love Sarah." Pope's voice took JJ away from his thoughts. "What if you tell her that the only way she could help her was teaming up with us?"

He admired Pope for once again. This kid was actually smart and that would be the perfect plan but at the moment they could not prove that she could help her.

"Well providing that we will find something in the police station, I think I could."

JJ stoped the boat and moved to the front sitting opposite to Kiara. Pope followed him.

"Alright so there are only two ways to enter the police office. Either being caught, which is not our case. Or giving a report for someone, which would be our case if we had someone to report for something."

Pope and Kiara exchanged a glance. They had someone to report. They could have done it years now. But JJ didn't want to.

Kiara looked at him confused. "Well that's not really encouraging JJ..."

"Sh, sh, sh, I wasn't finished. BECAUSE there is another way!"

Silence followed for a couple of seconds either because JJ was waiting for someone to speak or because he wanted to leave them wonder.

"We can sneak in"

"And how exactly are we going to do that? There are cameras to check who gets in and who gets out."

"Yes but we can be already inside..." Pope spoke for JJ. They made a high five and then JJ continued.

"We'll just have to spend the night there. The important thing is not to make any damages. Because if we do they're going to check the cameras."

"And how exactly are we going to sneak in without being noticed?"

JJ smiled at her. "Well that's the easy part. We just have to start a fight. A big fight. And don't worry I'll take care of that."

"You're kidding right?"

"Yeah, like you can just send me in trying to report a customer or something and sneak in without getting noticed." Kiara said reasonably

"Well that will do too." JJ said disappointed "So, tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow" Pope and Kie agreed with one voice.