Chapter 18

The sunshines were entering Sophie's room through the slightly open curtains. They were falling onto her causing her grin and turn to the other side. The light breeze was hitting her face making her smile at its soft touch. A smell of flowers mixed with pancakes entered filled her with delight as soon as she took a deep breath. Her stomach twirled at the smell reminding her that she hadn't eaten anything since lunch one day ago.

She tried to keep herself from completely waking up. Shree wanted a little more time at her own world. Where there were no financial differences. Where everyone was getting on well with eachother -or at least they weren't ready to harm eachother. Where there was fairness and the lives of the people could definitely not be considered as boring.

The girl was awake but she kept her eyes closed trying to replay her dreams in her head. She always wanted to give an explanation to them, or if they were unfinished continuing them.

As her dreams were coming to an end JJ's face appeared on her mind. There was no way she will relive last night. It was beautiful but she had to believe that that was in the past. There was no way he liked her back and even if he did he wouldn't allow himself make a move, since she was a kook. "Bloody Stereotypes" she thought as she was opening her eyes leaving JJ on her thoughts.

Her room due to the lot of white surfaces was reflecting the sun light making her close her eyes again. She raised her hand over the bedside table in search of her sunglasses. She grabbed them and immediately put them on and then she reopened her eyes.

She moved towards the bathroom which was a door next to James' room. After she took off the glasses she looked herself at the mirror. She was feeling really lost but at the same time she was seeing a light in the dark. John B wasn't a murderer. But if Sarah hadn't started hanging out with the Pogues she would have been here today.  And still there were so many things she wanted to know.

Why this woman said that about Uncle Ward, why the police was in the house, why Rafe was so upset when he heard about them. Why Mr. Heyward said that JJ was used to getting himself into troubles, and why he said that he had given him the money if he hadn't.

Sophie ventured into the kitchen trying to find were that delicious smell was coming from. Instead of the food she found a note on the fridge Back Yard. Whoever had done this she would never forgive them. He'd taken the food away and left a note.

She walked out of her house, into her back yard just to find four boys sitting around the table discussing over various stuff in which she wasn't really interested. "Hello boys" she said as she was sitting next to Rafe and opposite to Topper.

"Here she is! Just the person we were talking about." Rafe said tapping her on the shoulder. Kelce smiled to her ,not earning one back. James kissed her on the forehead. Topper just stood sitting still looking at her.

"What were you talking about?" The boys exchanged a look. It seemed like they were trying to decide on what they were about to say.

"Well we were thinking about going for a scuba diving." Topper said trying to get a decision. It was like they weren't planning anything and that was a last minute decision. "Of course I told them that you wouldn't dive but..."

"Oh Topper please, I jumped from this rooftop, you think I wouldn't dive?" She replied sarcastically.

'So it's settled then!" James said looking at the rest of the company.

"Only if you have left anything for me to eat." Topper gave her a disappointed look and showed to her the breakfast which was left.

As much as she disliked Topper she had to admit that she would've reacted the same. Surprisingly she came across two plates of pancakes, two jars of marmalade, a jug of orange juice and pieces of cake on another plate. She knew that the boys eat too much but if these was only for her then what they had eaten. "Have you eaten anything?"

"Only James, but that was around 4 in the morning." Rafe said causing Sophie to look at her brother and give him a cunning smile.

After some minutes of joking about James' accomplishment the started eating their luxurious breakfast.

"So Rafe, what did the cops say about Sarah? Any news?"

The next thing Rafe knew was everyone staring at him. He hadn't talk about that yo anyone. Sophie was genuinely asking him out of interest. You could see it in her eyes. James was as curious as his sister without giving much of attention to the cops' part. Kelce and Topper looked shocked. But he didn't know for what. Because of the cops or because of Sarah. They both knew that they didn't get on really well the previous years.

"Dude seriously? When are you going to tell us about this?" Kelce was the first who spoke

"You're searching for Sarah? And I didn't even know about it?" Topper added highly frustrated

"Guys relax okay, is not that important. We have cops coming every other day, bringing information about Sarah. They haven't found anything so..." Rafe began to explain.

Sophie looked at her cousin. Why would he hide that. It's really important and even if Topper was Sarah's ex just from the way he talked about her, he seemed to genuinely care.

"And Topper don't talk shit about it because if it's wasn't for you none of this would have happened!" Rafe shouted at him turned to leave. "We're going for scuba at 5." He said to Sophie whispering, hoping that the boys would listen to her.

He stormed into the house slamming the door behind him. The girl looked at Topper. Maybe she could learn something from him about last year. He was her last chance but since she wouldn't go to the Pogues and JJ wouldn't talk to her about what had happened.

"We have to go" James said after looking at his watch. "You should go somewhere too."

"You can come if you want to!" Kelce added as soon as he could but ended up shutting up because of the deadly look Topper and James gave to him.

"Thank you! But I prefer to encounter with others too. You can say that I'm almost bored of seeing you every day." 

The boys started walking out. "Oh, and we're going for scuba at 5." No one turned to look at her. They just waved that they had heard her and left.

Well, at least she would enjoy her breakfast. And she would eat whatever she wanted. With no one telling her how to eat her food because of her gender