Chapter 2

Did you see the huge ship arriving around an hour ago?" A boy with messy blonde hair asked addressing to the two teens next to him

"JJ did you just ask that? I mean everyone saw it" the girl of the group answered rolling her eyes at him "But has any of you thought about the consequences of this arrival?"

The two boys exchanged a "here we go again" look expecting a huge monologue from the girl.

"Let's just start from the beginning this arrival means more people. And by more people I mean more kooks and you know what that means?? It means even more parties which leads to even more pollution."

"What's your problem Kie?" JJ asked earning a angry look from the other boy "I mean seriously that's the less we have to worry about. Who cares about pollution from the moment that this arrival means even more enemies?"

"You guys can't be serious... You keep worrying about shit like this when the real problem is John B and Sarah" this statement brought both Kiara and JJ back to reality

"You're right Pope..." The girl started "for once again..." the boy continued. Pope looked at his friends. He knew that they were having a hard time trying to forget about this loss but at times like this he couldn't bear the fact that they could even think these things. Especially JJ. This boy was like a brother to him but sometimes he couldn't stand the fact that he was ready to fight with everyone.

The previous summer was hard for all of them. Sarah and John B were lost in the waves. The good thing is that there were no bodies found the following days but that didn't change much. They didn't know if they had survived or died in the storm. It was like losing a family member and for some of them it was actually a family member loss. John B and JJ were living together and they were inseparable ever since they were children. As for Kie and Sarah they were best of friends for a long time and even though for some years they didn't speak after Sarah joined them they clicked again. And Pope... Pope had lost his company.

The pogues were never the same after this loss. Pope and Kiara were in a relationship making things uncomfortable for JJ. He on the other hand preferred leaving them alone and going either for swimming or surfing. A trip on the boat was never mentioned and as for the van they had decided to lock it in a garage in order to forget about everything that had happened last year.

And what about the treasure? Well the treasure was something like a banned word. Not officially but if anyone referred to this he was always using other expressions. Generally whatever the pogues had been through last summer was banned from their vocabulary and forgotten from their minds.

"So... There is this party tonight and..." JJ started speaking but he was interrupted by a "Noooo" from his friends. They looked at eachother and laughed. There was no way they would show up to that party and not causing troubles. "Come on guys I promise that I'll behave... You know I have matured." Pope and Kie busted into laughter. If something was impossible that was JJ maturing. This two words couldn't go together and everyone knew that even JJ. But that's what they loved about him.

"Well, if you've matured as you say I don't see a reason why we shouldn't go" Kiara said sarcastically.

"As long as we stay away from troubles. Dude don't take it personally but if you start misbehaving I'll make sure that you're locked up for a month just to protect you from going further into this shit." Pope seriously added

"Come on Pope. What am I? I child?"

"Do you want me to be completely honest with you?"

"It was a rhetorical question Pope."

~~

"There they are! My favourite people in the world!" Ward opened his arms to hug the two siblings entering his house accompanied by Rafe.

"How are you uncle??" The girl said to him but before she managed to take an answer Wheezie took her by surprise hugging her from the behind "Hey Wheez! We're finally meeting again" she smiled at her younger cousin.

James moved towards Rose to greet her and Rafe walked up to his father and whispered something in his ear. "Ward" James started "where's Sarah? Wasn't she supposed to meet us in the harbour with Rafe?"

James was closer to Sarah than his sister was. You see when they were younger, Sarah preferred talking to her older cousin than her one year younger than her cousin. But that didn't mean that the two girls didn't love eachother. It was quite the opposite actually they were really good friends and they would share the things that troubled them with each other but it ended there. When they were going out it was always Sarah and James and then Rafe, Wheezie and their cousin.

Ward, Rafe and Rose exchanged a look full of worry. When Whezie took the opportunity to speak "Wait you guys don't know??"

"Know what exactly?" Her cousin asked pulling back from the hug "What happened to Sarah?" There was silence for some seconds when she decided to ask each one of them personally "Uncle Ward?", "Rose?", "Rafe?" This time she got an answer or almost an answer

"I'll explain everything as I am walking you home."