Chapter 28

*the flashback is from previous chapters*

The Pogues were sitting on the beach. Their surfboards were right next to them. They had decided to spend some time enjoying their summer life before a storm came.

Two days had passed since they had discovered the tape. Since they had learnt that John B and Sarah were alive. Since they found out that the police was finally after Ward. After a year they were feeling that they could spend their time without worrying. Their friends were alive and even there were some things they had to do these things could wait a little. For the first time the police was by their side as well as many kooks.

They could relax and enjoy their summer as 17 years old teens. They could enjoy playing with the waves, feel the sand on their bodies, hear the summer breeze while it's playing with their hair. Create memories with happy endings.

"So Kie, how's the man who is stealing your fishes?" JJ asked pretty serious

"Well it turned up to be the neighbour's cat... Can you imagine? I was ready for the prosecution." The girl replied. She didn't use to come up with such ideas very often but when she did they were the something else.

"I feel really bad for that cop. I mean for God's sake Kie you shouldn't interrupt him... He seemed  really busy."

"Really busy sleeping" said Kie finishing Pope's joke. "JJ, where did you sleep last night?" She added grinning at the boy.

"John B's house. Why?" He replied without giving a clue that he was lying. If only she knew. The correct question would be those two nights but he was glad they hadn't noticed about both of them.

"Okay, Kie I told you that we're blind" Pope said jokingly earning an upset look from JJ. "We came to see you but you were nowhere to be found." He tried to explain.

"Well yes I woke up early." At JJ's words both Kiara and Pope laughed. They knew really well that if nonody waking him up he would stay asleep for two days.

"Come on man where did you sleep?"

JJ was lying on Sophie's bed. His one arm below his pillow the other one fallen on her waist. She was awake and was admiring the boy next to her. She wouldn't be able to do that if he was awake. And she would never see him asleep again. That moment was going to end.

She turned her body to face him like all the characters on the movies she had seen were doing. The clock on her wall was saying 9 o' clock. James probably hadn't returned but that meant that sooner or later he would. She looked at the sleeping blonde boy lying next to her.

"Hey... Sorry to break it to you but you have to get up..." She whispered. The boy tightened his grip around her waist sending to her butterflies for once more. "JJ, wake up!"

His eyes opened slightly "5 more minutes?" Asked as he was smiling at her.

"You're such a baby..." Sophie said rolling her eyes and passing her fingers through his hair. Just because he wouldn't want to be with her -according to Sophie, that didn't meant that she could keep herself from doing little things like that.

JJ looked at Pope. Well it didn't matter keeping it a secret anymore. They were going to make fun of him but that's all. They weren't going to band him seeing her again. And well, maybe one day he could bring her to meet them and take her on their side. Even though she would do anything for trade if she could help him.

"I was at Sophie's house..."

Pope turned to Kie. The girl took out of her pocket 10 dollars and passed it to him. JJ was observing the scene. Good old days. They were betting where he had slept. Nice

"Did you guys?" Kiara asked with a mischievous look. JJ shook his head negatively. This time it was Pope's turn to return the money to Kiara. He passed the girl five dollars.

"Nice bet guys!" Both Pope and Kie turned to look at their friend who was smirking as he was watching the whole scene. They smiled at him. "I didn't know my love life was so fascinating"

"Your love life?" Wrong choice of words and Kie was there to say something about that. "I thought you don't even want to talk to kooks."

"Love life generally Kie. Also she learned about Rafe. But she doesn't know anything else."

"Any chance she would help? We still need help. With the case reopened we will have to give statements but still who is going to believe us..?"

"Well, she's still not over the fact that because of us Sarah is not here but... I think I can make her understand that we're on the same side"

"Well if she just testified against Rafe everything would be simpler. I mean she knows what he did. She has his confession. That would bring John B and Sarah back."

JJ looked at Kiara. She didn't know anything about the girl they're talking about. She didn't know how much she was hurt when she learned about Rafe. She didn't know how much she wanted to help her cousin get away with it. Even though he had done something terrible, she loved him and she wouldn't testify against him even if they were pointing a gun at her.

"I do not think so Kie..." The boy said "If you ask me, she would prefer him over Sarah."

The girl rolled her eyes at his words. "Who mentally stable would prefer Rafe to Sarah?"

"Hey, watch your mouth Kie!" For someone who had just started hanging out with that girl he was becoming highly protective. He couldn't hear comments like this from others for her even if the others were his own friends.

Pope and Kie exchanged a look. They both understood immediately that something was going on between them. A month ago if someone told JJ that he would start hanging out with a kook and sleeping at her house, he would laugh at the joke. And look at him now.

Pope cleared his throat getting the attention he wanted. "So about the plan..." He started, trying to steer the conversation elsewhere. But he was interrupted by a female voice coming from afar.

"I need to know everything. And by everything I mean EVERYTHING!"