CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: Trying to Court a Rich Girl

---YOUR POV---

"And, that, ladies and gentlemen of the board of directors, is why we should aim for the success of this proposal. Not just for the future of this company, but for the welfare of our dear consumers. After all, they have to be our first priority all of the time. Thank you."

The room was soon filled with claps as one of the presenter finished his speech. He spoke well, laid down all of the benefits of his business proposal for the company. Well, I have to admit, by the look in everyone's face, I just know that it will be approved in no time. But not me...

"What's so...", the claps faded and everyone turned their heads towards my direction. "... important about this proposal?"

He gaped at me for a few seconds, as if he can't believe I'm asking him the most stupid question of all time. He was about to defend himself when I stood up and spoke...

"Ever since the foundation of this corporation...", I walked out in front and pointed at his PowerPoint presentation. "...we have been pursuing this kind of luxury. We provide it every single time, for our dear costumers, may it be high-class hotel services, high-quality yachts and such. This... is just a recycled business proposal."

They were all silent for a moment.

"But you see, Ms. Y/n, this proposal contains a better---"

"What?", I asked. "A better technology for the hotels, yachts, sports centers, malls and restaurants? Really?"

Again, silence overtook as I looked at them with disgust and dissatisfaction.

"People, I expected much more from you."

"Ms. Y/n, what is your point?", one of the directors, Mr. Alex Kang, asked me with a smirk on his face sabay kindat sa'kin.

Napasinghap ako dahil sa inis. Kala mo naman kagwapuhan ang p*tang ina. Di niya ba alam na may muta siya ngayon? I sighed to let off the steam forming inside me.

"I assume that all of you graduated from a prestigious university either in Korea, in your own country or abroad. I assume that you are all well-informed about global warming and environmental issues nowadays. So, well-educated people...", I paused and looked at them in the eyes one by one.

*blag!*

All was startled nung hinampas ko ang lamesa sa harapan namin. "Do not use your money to destroy this world.", I said, teeth gritted, jaws clenched. "Use it wisely before there will a time when you can barely use it anymore, when you will struggle to buy oxygen, clean water and edible substances."

They dropped their heads and pursed their lips.

"This meeting is over. I can't believe you make me go all the way from South Korea to Indonesia just to encourage me to use my wealth to destroy this world.", I grabbed my coat from my seat and motioned Bethie to follow me.

I left the conference room and went straight to the underground parking area. Ugh! I can't believe this! I sacrificed my sleep and wasted an amount of fuel from my private jet to be irritated like this. I should have never talked to those bastards. Ang alam lang magpayaman nang magpayaman! Marunong mag upgrade ng facilities and management pero hindi man lang magawang mag-donate sa kahit anong charities.

I snapped out of my thoughts when Bethie entered the car and sat beside me. "Are we heading back to Korea, ma'am? Or you want us to go to the hotel?", she asked me while scrolling through her iPad.

"Let's go for lunch. Kumain muna tayo bago bumalik sa Korea."

"Yes, ma'am.", she replied. "By the way, ma'am, Mr. Choi called last night."

"Mr. Choi?", I asked. "Choi Seungcheol?"

"Yes, ma'am."

Huh? Bakit ako tatawagan nun? Kakatapos lang ng meeting nmin kahapon ah? May nakalimutan kaya siyang sabihin sa'kin?

"Anong sabi niya?"

"Wala naman po, ma'am. He just asked for you pero ang sabi ko po natutulog ka. He didn't say anything kaya nagpaalam na po ako na ibababa ko na yung tawag.", she explained.

Out of confusion, I tilted my head and touched my chin with my left hand.

"Ah, right. I forgot to give you a lecture about not giving anyone my cellphone number."

She froze and slowly looked at me. "Yes, ma'am. About that...", she bowed slightly. "I apologize for my actions. Sabi niya po kasi the former CEO required him to update about the group."

I scoffed at her. "Wag kang papaloko dun.", I shook my head as my gaze diverted to my hands on my lap. I clenched them into fists. "Take it from me."

She bowed her head again and told the driver to leave the parking area. We were about to leave nang may kumatok sa window na malapit sa'kin. I motioned the driver to wait for my signal. Binaba ko ang windshield at nakita ang isang lalaki na naka-suit and tie. He handed me a small paper bag na hindi ko kinuha.

"Mr. Kang wants to give this to you, ma'am. He said that it's his gift for you.", he monotonously explained before pointing at the black Porsche in front of our car. Nakita ko dun si Mr. Kang na nakangiti sa'kin habang nakasuot ng sunglasses. Hala. Anong trip nito? Underground parking, naka-shades? Ano? Silaw na silaw ka, boi?

"Tell Mr. Kang that I can buy my own necklace, and that his effort is much appreciated.", I said to the guy while looking at Mr. Kang whose smile went bigger.

"Now, if you'll excuse us, hindi pa ako nag-aalmusal.", I said before telling my driver to leave.

Anong trip nung Mr. Kang na yun? Kala niya ba nakakasilaw kayamanan niya? Boi, wala pa sa 50% ng net worth mo ang net worth ko. Baka gusto mong samapalin kita ng dollars? Para kay Seungcheol lang to, noh!

I slapped myself mentally when I realized what I just thought.

Parang tanga naman, Y/n. Para kay Seungcheol ka nga, pero siya, sa'yo ba siya?