part 24

Bom went inside Taeri's room in that night. She decided to tell him the truth. She felt like she is dragging him to an unescapable hell without saying the truth.

She saw him on the balcony looking outside the deep forest. She went closer to him slowly.

"Taeri" her silent whisper took his attention.

He looked back and gave his warming smile to her as usual. His smile shined under the moonlight so brightly and she could see some hidden emotions swarming in his eyes.

"Hey"

Bom stood next to him and stared at the green forest mixed with darkness. She felt his loneliness. He is like a stranger who got lost in this terrible dark forest. And she dragged him into this. And the thing she is gonna do will definitely break him down even more. She looked at him.

"You look troubled" he spoke softly.

She licked her dry lips trying to start a conversation. "Taeri, I'm sorry for dragging you here--"

"It's okay" he cut her off and smiled. Somehow that smile was filled with sorrow and pain. "This is better than staying as an clueless idiot. I atleast, " he paused a moment looking at her every facial expression. "Got to know about my cousin "

His words hit her like a truck. Her wide eyes stared back at his blank ones.

"W-What?"

"The fact that you being my cousin sister. You are Lee Joonkie's daughter"

"How--How did you know?" All the air inside her have been knocked out by now.

But relaxing her every muscle,he gave his usual smile to her. He hid his pain. She gasped when he pulled her to a hug.

"It doesn't matter now. I can't say that I'm happy because it would be a lie. But this is not something I can ignore forever. I already had known since the day I started dating you that you will never be mine. Because your heart was never with me. Your eyes never shined infront of mine as the way they did whenever you were with him. I dated you to let you go one day. And the day has come already"

Bom was frozen. She couldn't utter a word. But he spoke. His words. His sincere words.

"I never imagine to let you go as a cousin brother. But it is already like this. I can't change it"

"Taeri" she whispered. "I'm sorry"

He parted away and looked at her with a smile.

"Please don't give me that look Bom. There is one thing that I am glad. I thought that I'd have to leave you once and forever. Thought I had no place in your life. But now,,,,,I think I have own a place in your life. Today I might leave you as a lover but I am coming to you as a brother. I might not be upto your 7 brothers but I will try to be a brother to you. Just give me some time to adjust to this change"

Bom held his hand squeezing it softly. She smiled sadly. His forbidden love for her has no place in this world. Not every lover has to not give up. Some lovers have to give up. For the sake of a beautiful day ahead. It would hurt. It would feel like stabbing your own heart. It would make you feel lonely. But it has to be done. Because it is forbidden. A sin.

Bom came out from the room. She could hear his muffle cries through the half closed door. Is it an end for his love?or a beginning to a new happiness? Only time can answer.

3 months later

It has begun. The war.Not a one night war. It is a war which had no ending until they kill the main root.