Prologue

The Demon Realm – a dimension filled with horrors and magic, inhabited by mythical creatures, monsters, and witches.

One of its most notable locations is a unique island situated within the Boiling Sea: the Boiling Isles, built upon the decaying carcass and skeletal remains of a magnificent Titan.

Among the many towns and landmarks, a prosperous neighborhood by the name of Bonesborough flourishes.

And there is where our story begins...

        The sound of heavy panting echoed in the silent night as a hooded figure dashed through the alleyways of Bonesborough

        The sound of heavy panting echoed in the silent night as a hooded figure dashed through the alleyways of Bonesborough. The soft moonlight shone down upon the city with its ivory color, allowing the figure to navigate safely through the dark.

        Some sort of rat-like critter scurried out of the hooded figure's path as they ran right past it, releasing a squeak of alarm. The moonlight flickered across the person while they made a dash through the empty streets, allowing a brief glimpse of their appearance beneath their cloak.

        Judging from the silky dress that reached their knees and their petite stature, it seemed that the cowled figure was a young girl. The cloaked female panted as she made a sharp turn into another alleyway and pressed her back against the brick wall, catching her breath for a few moments.

        No sooner than when she did so, the sound of more running footsteps began to echo in the streets before a pair of scouts stopped right before the dark alleyway the young girl hid in.

        Both of them donned the exact same uniform: a dark gray long-sleeved shirt with brown gloves and a brown belt with a gold buckle, followed by black harem pants and pointed brown boots. On their heads, they wore white cowls with a pointed hood and light gray bird-like masks that concealed their features.

        The young girl held her breath as she dared not to make a single noise that could jeopardize her hiding spot within the shadows of the alleyway, going so far as to cover her mouth with both of her hands as her thundering heartbeat echoed in her ears.

        "Where in Titan's name did she go?"

        "I swear I saw a glimpse of her over here..."

        "Keep searching! We're already on thin ice for last time. We can't mess this up again!"

        The cowled girl shivered in trepidation as the pair of scouts resumed their search, neither of them taking a second glance at the shadowy alleyway she was hiding in. Finally, once the sound of their footsteps died away, she finally released her breath. A million thoughts raced through her head as she pondered her next action, the scouts' conversation echoing in her mind.