Youthful Creativity

Another day began in the marketplace of Bonesborough, the sun shining brightly above the Boiling Isles as it bathed the entire Titan's corpse in the warmth of the morning light. The residents of the town strolled through the streets, each and every one of them engaged in their own daily business. Though this time, there seemed to be more civilians out and about than usual today...

        Eda had once against set up her stand in its usual spot, the Owl Lady lazily leaning back against a yellow chair with her arms folded behind her head, a pair of violet sunglasses resting upon the bridge of her nose to shield her eyes from the sunlight (and prevent herself from being recognized by the...less eagle-eyed citizens as the top fugitive of the Isles). Danica was sitting beside her with her hood draped over her head as usual, supporting her head with one hand while the other rested upon the stand's tabletop. Judging from the distant gleam in her sapphire eyes, she was dazing off into her own world and not paying much attention to her surroundings, most likely drowning in her storm of thoughts once again. 

        King, on the other hand, appeared to be in the midst of his own business. The little demon was standing atop the table, holding above his head a wooden plank that served as a tray for peculiar items that originated from the human realm: a black ball with an '8' on the surface, what appeared to be a green rectangular object with a bearded man donning a red bobble hat (Danica vaguely recalled Luz calling it a 'Santa Pez', or something along the lines), a few strips of bacon, and what resembled a Not-Dog with something rotten stuffed in between the buns, a green condiment decorating the 'food'. 

        "Partake of my free snack samples!" King was hollering out as he held the tray above him, hoping to catch some attention with his method of advertising. ""Take them! I demand it as your ruler, the King of Demons!" 

        However, despite the little demon's passionate announcement, citizens continued to stroll on past the stall without so much as a single glance, each and every one of them fixated on something else. Seeing that he was being ignored, King threw the tray onto the ground with an aggravated huff, the 'food' smashing against the road upon impact. As soon as he did so, Jasmine suddenly popped out from underneath Danica's cloak to make her way over to the spilled objects, the dove palisman quick to start eating the fallen bacon on the ground. It would be a shame to waste food, after all. 

        "Why isn't anyone paying attention to me? I'm their rightful overlord!" King protested, sitting down on the table with a grumble. "Intellectually and such." 

        "Well, maybe you should've left the food samples to an actual chef like Dani instead of putting together whatever junk you found in the fridge." Eda snarked at the small demon, removing her sunglasses to flash a sardonic smirk at him. She playfully nudged said witch with her elbow as a chuckle escaped her. "Am I right, Dani?"

        She received no reaction from the princess, prompting the Owl Lady to frown and arch an eyebrow in confusion. "...uh, Dani? You alive in there?" She nudged the younger witch once more, this time eliciting a flinch from Danica as she promptly snapped back into attention.

        "O-oh, uh... Yeah, what Eda just said..." The hooded witch half-heartedly replied, not exactly realizing what she just agreed to without thinking. Upon noticing the Owl Lady's skeptical frown directed towards her, Danica released a weary sigh as she momentarily massaged the bridge of her nose. "Sorry, Eda... I have a lot on my mind right now and I can't seem to clear my head enough to focus on anything right now..." 

        "Yeah, I can see that." Eda remarked, continuing to raise her eyebrow at the younger witch as she folded her arms over her chest. "Whatever's going on in that noggin of yours, you better find a way to take care of it fast. Cause staying like that isn't gonna make customers come anytime soon." The woman narrowed her golden eyes in thought when she momentarily glanced around their surroundings. "...speaking of customers..."