Clumsy Acceptance

Luz rapidly blinked at Eda's words, still struggling to process everything that was happening so far. "What – ?" She began, but before she could finish, horror washed over her features when she and Gus glanced back to see what was behind them. 

        She let out a scream and abruptly dropped the giant bone and the student she was carrying onto the floor when a pair of long, dark green worm-like creatures suddenly shot out from the doorway, ominous hissing escaping their skeletal features as they opened their exposed teeth as if to chomp down on her. 

        Danica's hands flew over her lips in horror at the escalating situation, but before she could say or do anything in response, Bump was quick to recover from his stunned reaction as he instantly scowled in response and promptly snapped his fingers, the sharp sound piercing through the air for all to hear clearly. 

        As soon as it heard him, the worm-like demons immediately halted, their void-like scarlet eyes shifting into a pair of normal ones as they instantly flinched at the sight of the glowering principal before them. "U-uh... Sorry, Principal Bump..." One of them anxiously apologized, sheepishly slithering back into the room that was on the other side of the now-destroyed door along with its companion. It then momentarily popped its head back out to add a hasty "Sir!" before slinking away. 

        Once the creatures slithered out of sight, Bump turned his glare directly towards Luz, with both Willow and Gus hesitantly joining her side to give her support for what was about to happen next. After all, they've known their principal the longest compared to their friend, so they were perfectly aware that whatever he had to say would...not be the easiest to hear in the slightest. 

        "What did you do?!" He demanded, his hands clenched into fists at his side as he glowered down at the young human, who flinched upon receiving the full heat of his glare. Danica's eyes darted between him and the Noceda, quick to catch onto to the atmosphere. If she didn't step in soon, who knows what could happen next...?

        "Luz, I know I shouldn't be too surprised at this point anymore, but I really hope you know how to explain this...!" The princess gestured down at all the rubble surrounding them before glancing back at the now-open doorway where the worm-like beings were. "And those things." She then peered down at the unconscious student lying facedown at their feet, taking note of his uniform's brown sleeves and leggings (which signified him as a student of the construction track, if she remembered right). "...and the guy on the floor." 

        "I-it's all right! I can explain everything!" Luz stammered, holding up her hands in a placating manner as Willow and Gus glanced at their friend with concerned gazes. "You see, I thought the ban was lifted and that meant I was all good to come back here, but then we ran into this jerk who picked a fight and got all of us thrown into the detention pit, including said jerk, which turned out to be a giant monster we ended up fighting too, so that's why we had to break down the door to run away and – !" 

        She abruptly cut herself off upon realizing what she had rambled to everyone, who were staring blankly at her in response. "...this isn't helping my case at all, is it?" She weakly asked with dread as she anxiously fiddled with her hands. 

        "Ugh...kid." Eda groaned loudly, facepalming herself with a weary expression. Turmoil was evident in Danica's eyes, the young witch clearly having difficulty on how to properly react to the situation whatsoever. 

        Ire flared in Bump's eyes as he whirled his glower towards the Owl Lady, his scowl deepening on his features. "To think that any student of yours would be capable of doing anything but create chaos!" He snapped, sheer exasperation evident on his expression before he jabbed a finger in the direction of the school's exit. "Eda, take your student and leave! You are both banned from this campus!