Acerbic Discussion

(A/N: That's right, folks! We got ourselves another screenshot edit in two chapters in a row from my good friend!💕💗 Of course, she has her own life because she's not my personal artist or anything, so I won't bother her for any more screenshot edits anytime soon since she deserves a good break! If you guys like her art, please keep this in mind out of respect for her and not send her any drawing/editing requests, okay? 

Also, I forgot to mention this in the last chapter, but did anybody catch that bit of meta-humor with Hooty when he said it felt like weeks since he's seen Danica?👀

I guess I should also mention that part of the reason I took so long to update is because I lost my tabby cat on the 2nd of July and I'm still trying to cope with not having him around anymore, so please understand if there are any parts in this chapter that seem rushed, it's most likely because I'm still not in the right state of mind to completely focus on writing, but I'm still trying my best😔)

        The room was flooded with a tranquil silence, where the gentle sound of paper rustling could be heard without disturbing the peace at the same time whatsoever.

        In the lavish, medieval-esque bedchambers, multiple papers were scattered on the marble floor, each and every one detailing what appeared to be a child's drawing judging from the crude art style and how they were all drawn in crayon. They surrounded the bedroom's sole inhabitant as she laid on her stomach on the rug, the small child swinging her legs back and forth in the air.

        Young Danica was fixated on the thick book laid open on the floor, supporting her head with her hands as her elbows were planted on the rug. Her short violet locks brushed above her shoulders, most of them kept up by an azure bow tied at the back of her head. The short blue jacket that went down to her chest kept her nice and warm from the castle's cool air inside. Beneath said jacket was a silk purple dress that reached her knees, along with a golden waistline and collar.

        One of the most noticeable traits of her attire was the golden locket hanging from her neck. It was shaped like a heart, the metallic case suspended by a delicate-looking chain and lightly grazing the rug from the height it was being hung from. It looked sturdy judging from the gold, yet fragile at the same time.

        The small witch was engrossed in reading her book, apparently already halfway done with the thick tome as she flipped through the pages. For a moment, it appeared as though nothing could break her focus from her activity. However, her pointed ears promptly twitched a few times as she caught the faint sound of people murmuring outside her room, their voices muffled by the double doors.

        Typical for her age, she was unable to resist the rising curiosity that instantly began gnawing at her chest. Danica pushed herself off the floor as soon as she bookmarked where she last stopped in her book, quickly scooping it up in her small arms once she shut it.

        The young princess made her way over to her bedroom doors, doing her best not to let her Mary-Jane shoes make any noise against the marble floor, and carefully pushed it open just a crack to peer out, allowing her to both see and hear the other side a bit more clearly. Once she did so, she peeked outside to see that standing near the end of the corridor where her room was located was a trio of scouts casually conversing with each other.
Judging from their lax postures, it was safe to assume they were either slacking off or making the most of their duties gossiping.

        "Hey, have you noticed something's been up with Emperor Belos lately?"

        "Yeah, the last time I saw him back in the throne room, he seemed kind of out of it more so than usual..."