Ornate Library

Yet another ordinary day had settled upon the inhabitants of the Boiling Isles, including the Owl House's residents and their usual visitor.

        After the whole moonlight conjuring event the other night, it was a bit surprising how quickly they all recovered from the excitement in such a short period of time. But considering what they go through on a regular basis, it was understandable that such an experience would be within their definition of "ordinary" at this point.

        Luz was holding what appeared to be Book 5 of the "Good Witch Azura" series in her hand, dramatically reading it aloud to both King and Danica as she stood between them on the living room couch. "'"Azura," Hecate began,'" She was reading with a beaming grin, her other fist raised in the air as she mimed holding a staff in her hand. "'"Our paths have passed only in battle, but today I stand before you seeking an ally."'"

        Luz promptly stopped to close her book and hold it to her chest, a longing sigh slipping out of her lips as she gazed up at the ceiling in reverence. Both Danica and King elapsed a blink at the sudden action, the latter arching an eyebrow up at the human.

        "Luz, you're getting all swoony again." He remarked, his voice abruptly snapping the young girl out of her momentary trance.

        "I can't help it. Azura is able to befriend everyone!" Luz sighed once more before looking down at the book cover with a beam. "Even her biggest rival! I wish I had that kind of power..."

        "As much as I like the story, that's a pretty unrealistic power." Danica commented, twirling her index finger to draw a small spell circle to summon forth a teapot to pour tea into a delicate little teacup she conjured up as well, the china glowing an ethereal violet glow as it hovered in the air. "Forming relationships is like cooking. You don't just blast the fire on full heat and expect everything to be cooked to perfection that fast. You need to be patient and take a lot of time to at least see eye-to-eye with most people."

        "Plus, rivals are meant to be annihilated, not befriended!" King added with a dignified huff before leaning forward towards Luz with an eager wag of his tail. "Now keep reading! I've been sucked into your awful fandom!"

        Danica dismissed the teapot with a flick of her wrist so the china would vanish in thin air, arching an eyebrow at the little demon as she delicately held the teacup in her hands. "...weren't you the one who made a big deal about it when the same thing happened to me?" She questioned with a mirthful tone, remembering how...overdramatic he was when they all found out the princess was officially a new fan of Luz's beloved book series.

        "Pssh! The king of demons recalls no such trivial thing!" King dismissively waved his paw at the older girl, casually denying it with a snort. He then pointed up at Luz impatiently as he continued to wag his tail. "Now get to the next paragraph already! I demand to have my curiosity satiated!"

        "Okay, okay." The human chuckled in response before opening her book once more to resume reading. Danica lifted the edge of her teacup to her lips so she could take a sip of her drink while listening to the younger girl. "'Suddenly, the door swung open...'"

        SLAM!

        As if on cue, the cottage's front door swung itself open, along with Hooty's shrill voice gleefully calling out to them without warning. "DING DONG DING! HOOT HOOT!"

        The trio on the couch immediately flinched in shock at the unexpected event, Danica nearly choking on her tea while Luz yelped and almost dropped her book on King, who leapt back in alarm at the front door.